Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Jacket Herringbone Twill 2nd & 3rd Patt

Article about: Couple of WW2 vintage, used during the early VN period.

Default US Jacket Herringbone Twill 2nd & 3rd Patt

Couple of WW2 vintage, used during the early VN period.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement US Jacket Herringbone Twill 2nd & 3rd Patt
    P
    Many

Very nice Rene. But probably pre-Vietnam I would think as the OG-107 Utility Fatigue Shirt with cotton sateen and plastic dish type buttons was introduced in 1952 and replaced these earlier HBT fatigues. Korean war would be closer.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Very nice Rene. But probably pre-Vietnam I would think as the OG-107 Utility Fatigue Shirt with cotton sateen and plastic dish type buttons was introduced in 1952 and replaced these earlier HBT fatigues. Korean war would be closer.
    not sure but I think the name tapes came about in 1960? correct me please!

?

For the love of god will you please start sending back all this US kit back to the US. Very nice . Gary

My understanding is that the "US Army" gold on black tape dates from 1953 (becoming black on OG in 1966) and the white name tape over pocket was introduced after the Korean war but in the 1950's.

A photo of General Westmoreland in 1965 wearing the 1952 pattern Utility Fatigue Shirt in olive green carded cotton sateen. Also featuring those white name tapes & gold US Army title.

ahh I'll whack in a early OG-107, printed specs that can only just be seen!

Corporal Wagner? ... Ride Of The Valkyries? This would excite Lt. Col. Kilgore!

Quote by Anderson View Post
    My understanding is that the "US Army" gold on black tape dates from 1953 (becoming black on OG in 1966) and the white name tape over pocket was introduced after the Korean war but in the 1950's.

A photo of General Westmoreland in 1965 wearing the 1952 pattern Utility Fatigue Shirt in olive green carded cotton sateen. Also featuring those white name tapes & gold US Army title.
    Is that an early pic of General Schwarzkopf in the center ? "Baby face" he was. Wish I could see his rank at the time.
    Cool pic Anderson
    D.

?

Neat photo! Don't forget "Storming Norman" in the middle. Oops. Sorry, didn't realize he had already been acknowledged in the photo.

Tom

looks like he could be a full bird Colonel ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast