Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

VC Crude 1911 Bring Back from Nam

Article about: I recently acquired this interesting VC crudely made copy of a 1911. It was captured by a soldier of the 25th Division ARVN 2nd Battalion 49th Infantry regiment on May, 29 1967. No associate

Default VC Crude 1911 Bring Back from Nam

I recently acquired this interesting VC crudely made copy of a 1911. It was captured by a soldier of the 25th Division ARVN 2nd Battalion 49th Infantry regiment on May, 29 1967. No associated paperwork came with it. Photos courtesy of (Trainmaker 1 on GB). Looks like some battle damage near the magazine well.

Here are two interesting articles on these type of weapons:

Viet Cong Weaponry: 14 Small Arms From the Vietnam War – Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun News and Gun Reviews

Early VC Small Arms
    VC Crude 1911 Bring Back from NamVC Crude 1911 Bring Back from NamVC Crude 1911 Bring Back from Nam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VC Crude 1911 Bring Back from Nam
    P
    Many

?

Very cool but I don't think i would shoot it .

Very interesting. Thanks for showing it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It's a very interesting subject. The New Zealand Army museum has on display a captured VC made SMG that vaguely looks like a Thompson SMG, and apparently could fire 0.30 cal ammo. but of poor overall quality But the suggestion is the real purpose was more for show, to ambush and disarm ARVN soldiers to capture their superior weapons.

The Catholic and Protestant terrorist groups in Northern Ireland were also fairly prolific arms manufacturers during the 'Troubles.' Here's one of their guns held in the Royal Armouries collection.

Cheers,
    Steve