Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Vietnam 1967 Combat tropical Jacket 25 INF

Article about: Hello my new Vietnam Friends, I show you this one, I would love the see the history of this soldier ( TAYLOR ) in 22 inf regiment... DSA 1967 all opinion are welcome ! looks original...Right

Hello anf thanks again for your great Help...It's realy apreciate...I will make other pic details soon...
    Will another thanks for your information ! History is Great !
    best

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vietnam 1967 Combat tropical Jacket 25 INF
    P
    Many

jacket inspection effectued ! Name and U.S Army insignia original applied to me, 22inf insigna hand applied I will make pics soon...

Other interesting movie pics !

Pictures requested for more details...I dont know if the U.S patch is manufactured in U.S.A or Vietnam...Name and U.S Army seems to be machine applied, patch hand applied, found this paper inside the pocket " inspector N0.10" if you know the signification all opinion are welcome !

Don't think that patch has been on for very long as there is no shadowing.
    Still a nice jacket though
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-22-2021 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added text

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Don't think that patch has been on for very long as there is no shadowing.
    Still a nice jacket though
    And the condition of that inspection tag, leads me to believe the jacket wasn't (or hardly) laundered
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here's one of my rip stops with shadowing.
    Not easy for me to shoot!

thank you ! hard to tell about patch, shadow inside maybe...if I remove I will know the answer...And I see no other stitching patch in same place, condition is not new, sudation in collar but in good condition yes !

The Uncle Sam Aint Released Me Yet BOS *branch of service* and name tapes are good for Vietnam era and look like they would when you drop your stuff off at the tailor to have them sewn on at the same time. It was probably never worn after it was picked up hence the inspection tag still being present.

The 25th SSI is hand sewn and could've been added at anytime maybe after assignment to the 25th ID(L). The merrowed Edge subdued patch is also good for Vietnam putting it at 1968 or later. There is a cut edge twill version of this SSI introduced in 1967 and of course the early full color cut edge the 25th wore until the Army grew some brains and went over to subdued insignia.

IMO This is definitely not a costume top from the movie Platoon. Outside of Charlie Sheen's starched FNG 3rd pattern fatigues when he gets off the Hercules and we hear the iconic welcome to Vietnam the costuming department aged the casts fatigues in washing machines to get them to appear faded and used gravel in some to wear them in. The scenes post above are after the 'You're humping too much sh** troop!" block of instruction Elias gives him when Taylor becomes a heat casualty.

Nice for conversation though and still a cool top.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2