MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vietnam 1967 Combat tropical Jacket 25 INF

Article about: Hello my new Vietnam Friends, I show you this one, I would love the see the history of this soldier ( TAYLOR ) in 22 inf regiment... DSA 1967 all opinion are welcome ! looks original...Right

Default Vietnam 1967 Combat tropical Jacket 25 INF

Hello my new Vietnam Friends, I show you this one, I would love the see the history of this soldier ( TAYLOR ) in 22 inf regiment...
    DSA 1967 all opinion are welcome ! looks original...Right ? Thanks !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vietnam 1967 Combat tropical Jacket 25 INF
    P
    Many

Quote by Military94 View Post
    Hello my new Vietnam Friends, I show you this one, I would love the see the history of this soldier ( TAYLOR ) in 22 inf regiment...
    Chris Taylor ?

AFAIK it´s the patch for the 25th Infantry Division "Tropical Lightning" / "Tropic Lightning"

yes...strange ! looks exactly the same from Platoon ! I hope this jacket in not the same from movie ! original uniform has served in movies ? lol opinion ?

Quote by Military94 View Post
    ... I hope this jacket in not the same from movie ! ...
    Why not ? ...

I don't know...if all is period wit double history... I love it ! but I d'ont believe !

I don’t think if I remember correctly that the 22nd IR was with the 25th Infantry Division? I’m partial to the 27th IR”wolfhounds” I like the opening post.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks Marty ! This one has been in jungle maybe !

Could you provide a close up photo of the lightning patch. There are some members who can date the patch based on it's construction. Not impossible it was added later.
    I have a later rip stop jacket.

Not an expert but I have three of these jackets from various periods. Yours is 1967 and a good example of the "Third Pattern" issued in '67, although I have seen a 1966 in third pattern. Your serial number or, DSA (Defense Supply Agency), indeed shows the year '67' and it is good they retained the tag. There is a way to note month of manufacture but I believe that was later issue jackets. I think the nametapes are original and the division patch MIGHT be but hard to tell without seeing underside / inside stitching. "Taylor" tape looks replaced but still vintage. This person named Taylor was in the 25th Infantry Division (a.k.a. Electric Pineapple, Tropical/Tropic Lightening, etc.) because of the patch and because it was a division formed on the Island of Hawaii hence the "pineapple" reference. The 25th dates to WWII. During Vietnam, the 25th saw service quite early ('63-64 maybe) under the Military Assistance Command Vietnam (MACV) that controlled US operations. The old MACV patches are sometimes on the opposite shoulder, if you're lucky to find one of the era. The 25th HQ was at Củ Chi just north of today's Ho Chi Minh City.

Vietnam Chaplain from that division.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam 1967 Combat tropical Jacket 25 INF  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast