MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Vietnam Era 1969 ERDL M1 "Duck" Helmet cover

Article about: One of my more recent covers. I've got a pretty good selection of M1 Covers now, Hoping one day I can get myself a WWII Cover. Have only got Korea era cover.. Thanks for looking

Default Vietnam Era 1969 ERDL M1 "Duck" Helmet cover

One of my more recent covers. I've got a pretty good selection of M1 Covers now, Hoping one day I can get myself a WWII Cover. Have only got Korea era cover..
    Thanks for looking

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vietnam Era 1969 ERDL M1 "Duck" Helmet cover
    P
    Many

A really nice cover and in my opinion one that is under appreciated. Happy hunting for a WW2 cover
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Cherry cover and a fine addition to your collection! The dye used on the black looks like the type that would fade to a blue.

Don't see many of these 69 dated Duck ERDL covers,and an example in fine condition too,nice one............

No not one I have, interesting helmet you have it on!

Thank you all for the comments, I am very happy to have this in my collection!
    It was a long wait from the US but well worth it I think

The cover it self is on a WWII front seem helmet if not mistaken? I tend to forget what I have with what haha..

Vietnam Era 1969 ERDL M1 "Duck" Helmet coverVietnam Era 1969 ERDL M1 "Duck" Helmet coverVietnam Era 1969 ERDL M1 "Duck" Helmet cover

ok cheers

Hello,

nice helmet and nice cover.

Although the helmet was made during WWII, it was repainted at least once in the 1950's. That means it was worn much longer.

Due to the decals, the helmet belongs to belongs to 118th Field Artillery Regiment is a field artillery regiment of the Georgia Army National Guard.
    Accordingly, he may never have been in Vietnam.

https://history.army.mil/html/books/..._60-11_pt2.pdf

Regards

Hi,

Thank you, I am aware of the repaint, it was the first thing I noticed from the streak of paint that had not dried 100% so I figured it was repainted at least once. Thank you for the extra research for me to look at, I am aware that the helmet itself may not have been used in Vietnam, at least the liner with decals were not normally used in service unless through Company parades or special occasions (from memory) .. I could be wrong but that was my thinking..
    Thanks again for the help