Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vietnam Flag- What type?

Article about: I have the opportunity to buy this flag from a named veteran, all i know is that it is some type of liberation flag he got on the border early in the (American) war? Can anyone give me more

Default Vietnam Flag- What type?

Vietnam Flag- What type?

I have the opportunity to buy this flag from a named veteran, all i know is that it is some type of liberation flag he got on the border early in the (American) war? Can anyone give me more information?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vietnam Flag- What type?
    P
    Many

That's an interesting flag as it is not typical for what we expect of either a Vietcong or North Vietnam flag. The colours are difficult to to discern but appears to be a band of red over yellow with a white star in blue/black roundel. All of that is unusual. Star normally yellow and red/blue backing bands usual for Vietcong. What this may be an early version of the National Liberation Front flag before standardized. Either that, or maybe a China Beach surf life guard flag!

Here’s a better pic. Thanks for the info. I know the guy was there early on and got it from the border region...

Vietnam Flag- What type?

That is a much better photo. The colours are much stronger and it appears better made than most of the flags brought back from SE Asia. But I find the white star a problem, it should be yellow or red. May be a tribal flag, similar to some in Burma.

This flag is very rare! I barely found anything about it online, even after recreating the design in a paint program and doing a reverse Google image search which led me to this!

Vietnam Flag- What type?

Description of the flag
    Dai Viet Revolutionary Party (Vietnamese: Đại Việt Cách Mạng Đặng) was founded in 1965 after a split in the Dai Viet Nationalist Party [1, 2]. Since 1975, the party operates in exile. Its flag is a red-yellow horizontal bicolor with a large blue disc in center, which is charged with a large white star. The design is derived from that of the Dai Viet Nationalist Party flag by combining it with the Republic of Vietnam's national colors. It is shown in the photos from party conferences which took place in Alfortville, France, on 15 December 2007 [3] and 22 November 2008 [4], respectively, as well as in photos from two conferences which took place in Paris on 15 May 2010 [5] and in Houston on 31 October 2010 [6], both organized jointly with the New Dai Viet Party, another breakaway group of the Dai Viet Nationalist Party, with which they seem to closely co-operate (their flag is also shown in the photos).
    Unfortunately some of the links that the web page lists are dead but not all -- check out the upper-left corner of this photo:
    Vietnam Flag- What type?

If you're going to get it, make sure you pick up that Confederate flag behind it in your last pic while you're at it. :-) Haha I barely spotted it behind the blue.

Incredible info, thanks so much. I found the party website and emailed them for some more info. Seems they still have an active following and updates with articles. I truly appreciate the time and dedication you put into this, great work! I really wonder how and where the vet got a hold of this flag... i have his name and know he was a marine so i can probably find exactly where he served and for how long.

Also i got the flag, the confederate flag is mine and is contemporary

Well done sweersz, nice bit of work. This group were Nationalists rather than Communists, but out of favour with both North & South regimes during the sixties.

?

Forget about the flag ,
    Did you buy the patches framed underneath ?
    Cheers Rick

Of course
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vietnam Flag- What type?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast