Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jung-Stahlhelm

Article about: Thomas I will be at Kassel next week and it will be interesting to see if there is a larger than normal number of these JS buckles for sale. Hopefully not. Regards, David

Default Jung-Stahlhelm

Here is a small and hopefully reasonably representative grouping of the Jung-Stahlhelm buckle.

As with the Stahlhelmbund buckle, only one design was sanctioned and approved by Der Stahlhof in Magdeburg.

An "early" period buckle dating I think from the mid 1920's and as such, numerous variations abound.

Images of any other J-S would be most welcome.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jung-Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Default Re: Jung-Stahlhelm

Beauty buckles David! I would love to be able to find even just one!!
    Your first example is my favorite! Awesome stuff!!

Rob

Rob

Thankyou for your comments and I think that your "favourite" buckle is regarded by many as the classic example within the diverse group. This one unfortunately is I think, well faked. I may have some images of highly suspect J-S buckles and if found, I will post them.

For some odd reason, the buckle is highly regarded by many collectors and the prices, to include that reached on say some of the auction sites is quite astronomical !!

Regards,

David

David

you see these JS buckles from time to time on german ebay - do you think, these are faked ?

I would like to see the pictures of the fake/s - much appreciated.

Thomas

David,

Some super buckles you have. As to the first JS you show; how good are the faskes? I have one shown here that I picked up recently off German ebay. Looks good to me. What do you think? David, anyone?

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jung-Stahlhelm   Jung-Stahlhelm  

Bill, I would say that is a nice original buckle
    Ben

Thomas and Bill

The reason why a few of us have perhaps become a little nervous about the J-S buckle in question, is purely due to the fact that at one time, they appeared with alarming regularity on eBay.de. Having said that, all were sold and with a price tag that reflected an original item. I thought that the buckle was extremely rare and on reflection, maybe it is just rare. I have retained images of some of the eBay.de J-S buckles as originally, I thought that there may be a consistency of "wear" to the roundel (a few always had a slight depression to the sword blade). There is no firm potential fake pattern to my mind and again on reflection, perhaps the buckle is not faked - as yet. It is an early period and of course non sanctioned buckle where the roundel is often seen displayed on a variety of brass boxes, including recycled Imperial boxes.

The subject perhaps needs a little more research and Bill, I have no issues whatsoever with the J-S buckle that you have shown.

Regards,

David

Ben, David,

Thanks much for the responses and the ++ on the buckle. I never seriously doubted that the buckle was a good one; but David did put a scare in me. I actually have two of these that look alike. Both off of German ebay. The hobby continues to challenge all of us as to what we are facing in the future.

Thanks aain,
    Bill

David,
    I had the same feeling like you, because the JS have been offered three or four times. Same for the Roter Frontkämpferbund. Some of them are coming from the area of former DDR / German Democtaric Republic, which seems to have some "uncleaned" attics and basements left
    Good to hear, the JS are not around with the evil mark of three solders ...yet....
    I heard rumors, the RFB will be faked soon - in a onestamped version - GLAD, this seems to be a rumour.
    Cheers
    Thomas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast