Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jungsturm Voran Buckle

Article about: Hello friends, I have been away for some months for work so I didn’t have much time for the hobby, I hope all is good with all of you. I have just received this brass with nickel roundel J

?

Default Jungsturm Voran Buckle

Hello friends, I have been away for some months for work so I didn’t have much time for the hobby, I hope all is good with all of you.

I have just received this brass with nickel roundel Jungsturm Voran buckle.

There’s also two newly received Stahlhelm and Freikorps Sudetenland buckles which I will post probably this weekend.

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jungsturm Voran Buckle   Jungsturm Voran Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jungsturm Voran Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Hi Joost, I don't know much about these, but a great looking buckle.

?

Thanks Jeff. Me neither before buying it. Did some research on it, and the Jungsturm organisation, but the available info is a bit confusing and at times contradicting.
    I will post some of it later, and maybe someone knows more.

The jury is still out about this buckle, some say they are real some dont like them. My concern is that there are no period pics or publications ref the buckles. Search the forum there are various threads on the buckles with varying opinions

An original Jungsturm Voran buckle
    Ben

?

Hi Ben, thank you for your reply and link! I saw the thread you linked before buying the buckle, so it made me doubt the purchase but still decided to buy it.

What do you think of the buckle in the footage Bibek sent in that thread? It appears to have three soldering points on the back.

Kind regards

Hello Joost, I am not a fan of your buckle
    To me, it looks like artificial age on the back and the soldering looks fresh.

And the Bibek guy. I wonder why a man comes to the forums with that video and story and disappears.

Maybe he had 100 pieces of these JV buckles that he wanted to sell.

Quote by Seafox View Post
    What do you think of the buckle in the footage Bibek sent in that thread? It appears to have three soldering points on the back.

Kind regards
    For me bad to the bone!
    Ben

?

Thanks for your input guys!

I have to agree with both your opinions on the Bibek buckle.

However I feel different about the box than you Kenny. I don’t think it is artificially aged.

If it is a fake one, I have the feeling an original box from a WW1 or earlier buckle could have been used.

Not defending my purchase (or feelings ) but I still have a feeling it might be an original piece. The scratching, wear, patina, shape… it feels not too wrong…

But without a doubt I could be wrong. I will continue searching for more comparisons.

Highly appreciating your given comments!

Kind regards

?

Here is a Jungsturm Voran buckle currently for sale on a dealer site. The backside has a slightly different catch, but includes the dreaded 3 hole roundel attachment. For comparison. Cheers Guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jungsturm Voran Buckle   Jungsturm Voran Buckle  

That is great Joost. I could of course be wrong.

Looking forward for the other buckles you mentioned,
    I wondered why the JV symbol looked so familiar and then realized it has the same symbol as a sports team formed in the late 1920s.
    I wonder if it is just a coincidense or if the team had seen the JV symbol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast