Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

An original Jungsturm Voran buckle

Article about: I finally found a Jungsturm Voran buckle the I am 99% sure is original. It is in nickel with some of the paint left on the rondell( not sure this is period but I can always remove it if need

Default An original Jungsturm Voran buckle

I finally found a Jungsturm Voran buckle the I am 99% sure is original. It is in nickel with some of the paint left on the rondell( not sure this is period but I can always remove it if need be). Reid gave his bleesing on this and Patzwall actually mentions hat these were amde in nickel as well as brass. The solder points sold me on this they are near perfect deep, smooth and rounded on the bottom like you see on all the really old school solder jobs. Comments would be welcome.

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An original Jungsturm Voran buckle   An original Jungsturm Voran buckle  

An original Jungsturm Voran buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An original Jungsturm Voran buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: An original Jungsturm Voran buckle

Crikey Bill - this is a hard one ! I think you know that there are some collectors who are unsure as to whether this buckle ever existed, insofar there are to my knowledge, no period photographs or catalogues which show this enigmatic piece. Having said that, I think that perhaps the buckle could have existed. An obscenely over faked (perhaps over fantasised) buckle, to include the easy to recognise three spot varieties.

I must admit Bill, I am not as enthusiastic as you about the one shown. The colouration to the box reverse worries me a tad as there is a slight pattern which I often associate with artificial aging. In addition, the pin shroud and especially the claws are making me a little nervous.

Would it be possible to have an image of the box reverse, in natural light and with the claws rolled over to the other side ?

Regards,

David

David,
    I absolutely hear you and have always been concerned about the originality of this buckle. You may be right that it is bad. here are some pics of the prongs and close shots of the solder points.The tips of the prongs are nice and smooth not really sharp. Tough to see in the pics. If this turns out to be bad it is not the end of the world as I am not in it for much.

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An original Jungsturm Voran buckle   An original Jungsturm Voran buckle  

An original Jungsturm Voran buckle   An original Jungsturm Voran buckle  

An original Jungsturm Voran buckle   An original Jungsturm Voran buckle  

Thankyou for the additional images Bill and my apologies for being the "spectre at the feast" in connection with your JV buckle.

I would dearly like to say otherwise, however and in my opinion, I personally think that your buckle is yet another "fake", albeit in some ways a quite convincing one.

Having said that, I would prefer if some other forum member would chip in with their opinion.

Regards,

David

David,

I hear you but I have to say I have sent photos to a number of other collectors and their response has been positive, That is no to say they are correct. However I have in my collection two other buckles that I know are OK that have this style prong bars and sleeves. With that said I am going to assume that this is a good buckle and would welcome other member comments.
    Oh, I love this hobby but??

Bill

Bill

the colors are wrong. I have seen an original pin of this organisation and it has a black/white/red shield and the flag is blue/white/blue.
    I don't have the new Huesken catalog, but it has color pictures, much likely, you will find this emblem in the book.

The fake buckles comes out of production of a guy, who told me, he bought the original dies from Overhoff. And to me - ALL the Jungsturm Voran buckles I saw looked coming from this same die.

I must echo the words of David, that this is another fake. Think about the wrong colors - looks like someone tried to sex it up

You warned me about the Sachsen Customs buckle, remember ? I now believe, there exists no original one of these, too. All buckles of these have the same problems, if you compare them.

Cheers
    Thomas

?

Hi,
    Here's a colour picture of Jungsturm members badge. As Thomas points out the colouring in bill's first picture on the buckle is wrong.
    Regards
    Alec
    Attached Images Attached Images An original Jungsturm Voran buckle 

Gents, I would not be overly concerned about the prongs, the ones on this buckle are in fact very similar to Berge & Nolte prongs (I also like the pin shroud to be honest)
    Attached Images Attached Images An original Jungsturm Voran buckle 
    Ben

bibek
    ?

Hi, I think I have original jungsturm voran buckle. It was found in North Poland. What do you think?
    Jungsturm Voran klamra buckle - YouTube