Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?

Article about: Hello everyone Just got this buckle from a friend. Looks like a pfadfinder. Any idea if this is a good one? What could be the era of production of the buckle? I have heard it was made pre an

Default Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?

Hello everyone

Just got this buckle from a friend. Looks like a pfadfinder. Any idea if this is a good one? What could be the era of production of the buckle? I have heard it was made pre and post WW2. I have no idea if the belt was added later or not.
    Thanks a lot for your help!

Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?
    P
    Many

?

I was told these were made pre war and post war. I had this one a long time ago it had a steel catch . Your buckle looks like a brass catch. My buckle came on a cut down Imperial belt. Your belt look very one nice with a pig skin adjustment strap. I don’t know much about these but I believe yours is probably pre war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?   Pfadfinder Scout buckle and belt, good or not? What era?  

I have not seen the buckle in hand yet so I can't tell if the catch is brass, but it could be. It seems there is no easy way to date those buckles and I could not find much ressource online about that. Some of them seem to have a box made from brass or even copper, others look plated. Is yours plated Kirby?

I have not seen the buckle in hand yet so I can't tell if the catch is brass, but it could be. It seems there is no easy way to date those buckles and I could not find much ressource online about that. Some of them seem to have a box made from brass or even copper, others look plated. Is yours plated Kirby?

?

I think my buckle was brass. I sold it and stuff like Fireman, mining, FFFF and other buckles about fifteen years ago.