Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Question: Reichswehr Buckle for review

Article about: Hello guys - I am not a buckle expert, but I like to collect a few on occasion and I don't have any Reichswehr buckles. A seller I have dealt with in the past lists this one as a "2-pie

?

Question Question: Reichswehr Buckle for review

Hello guys -
    I am not a buckle expert, but I like to collect a few on occasion and I don't have any Reichswehr buckles. A seller I have dealt with in the past lists this one as a "2-piece aluminum" ... but it looks more like the nickel ones posted in the reference section of this forum. (I know the tab isn't correct). Any thoughts on this one? I know it is not as pretty as some of the nice ones I see posted on earlier threads in this section. Thanks, Dan

Question: Reichswehr Buckle for reviewQuestion: Reichswehr Buckle for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question: Reichswehr Buckle for review
    P
    Many

Very nice nickel nickel made buckle, I would take the tab off if it was mine but a nice buckle anyway
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Very nice nickel nickel made buckle, I would take the tab off if it was mine but a nice buckle anyway
    Hello Ben,
    I usually agree 100% with you, but no this time i'm afraid. This "leather tab" was added by a soldier in my opinion. It is not the usual leather tab added by a scammer or by a non serious collector or dealer, but an addition shaped roughly done because the soldier needed it or thought he needed it...I would keep the buckle this way if it was mine. It's almost touching...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

JP I agree but I would I would still take it off
    Ben

Barbarian....
    Lol
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Barbarian....
    Lol
    Thanks
    Ben

?

JP and Ben ... thank you for the feedback on the buckle ....and your dialogue! (lol !!) Dan