MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sudetendeutsche Partei

Article about: Sdp

Default Re: Sudetendeutsche Partei

I think Catella is wrong. This swastika buckle is too early for the SDP.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sudetendeutsche Partei
    P
    Many

Many thanks for that David, like I said in my PM this early subject matter is a minefield to trawl through but very interesting at the same time (though my wife would strongly disagree with that)!!!!!
    Ben

David your Buckles Freikorps Sudetenland ?

Dear Ben and Koppers

I really think that the last 2 buckles shown are no more than NSDAP "sympathiser" related and were not aimed for say a specific organisation. I may be hopelessly wrong, although I cannot see Assmann and Overhoff manufacturing specifically (by their period catalogues) for Freikorp Sudetenland.

Regards,

David

Quote by David North View Post
    I cannot see Assmann and Overhoff manufacturing specifically (by their period catalogues) for Freikorp Sudetenland.

Regards,

David
    David, are there copies of the Overhoff or Assmann catalogue (for buckles) available anywhere? On CD or copies of the original catalogue?

BTW do you think then these were made and sold to raise money for the party?
    Ben

Ben

Original and period catalogues are very rare, eagerly sought after and of course, monstrously expensive.

Attached is a scan toward one page of the infamous "compilation" Assmann catalogue, however having said that, it is still quite interesting and informative.

The buckles by Assmann were appropriated a serial number and I think, in chronological order from when first issued. As such, a lower number indicates an earlier date of issue to one, with a higher number.

The buckle that we are talking about is clearly seen.

Regards,

David

Well David I would love a copy of the full Assmann & Overhoff catalogue (along with many others) would probably answer quite a few questions!
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast