Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

VDA und CVJM

Article about: Bill, David the shown three solder points scout buckle is post war, I must admit. Sorry, I didn't point that out, but I still like it. And it is not a fake, but just post war production. I f

?

What a great thread and what a great buckles !!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VDA und CVJM
    P
    Many

?

keep em comming!!

?

Not an area I collect but here is a display in my buddy Garry’s collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VDA und CVJM  

?

Thanks for sharing this from your buddy’s collection Kirby !

I don’t collect this area yet but probably will start with that. To me those civil, but also the Weimar and Kriegervereine buckles are beyond attractive. However collecting those doesn’t seem too easy as they look pretty scarce.

?

these pieces are just amazing!!`

This is and in my opinion a quite remarkable thread, however there are many more which are similarly so and actually even more interesting, buried deep within the Forum. Unfortunately, an inherent and persistent problem is that the Forum is somewhat disadvantaged by a completely useless search facility and as such these hidden gem threads remain hidden, unless unearthed only by chance. This is a great pity as none of the other buckle discussion Fora hold anywhere near the amount of detailed, varied and eclectic Weimar era information, that we are fortunate to possess.

The thread is over eleven years old and was instigated at a time when conversations within all the buckle discussion Fora, were completely different from what they are today. Whilst the thread is titled “VDA and CVJM”, it is interesting to note that eventually, fourteen different buckles were shown and discussed. There is the inclusion of and in my opinion, some extremely unusual, rare and seldom seen buckles.

I have extracted obverse images relating to the fourteen main buckles, although have included three variants of one, a youth variant of another, together with one fantasy buckle and one fake buckle. Again, all the buckles I am reposting are the ones that appear on this thread, with however a very minor element of image processing.

The buckles have been titled and hopefully this may be useful to some, rather than having to wade through the thread in toto. The buckles shown here though are only a token selection when compared to the huge number of varied Weimar era types, lodged within the Forum.

German is not my Mother Tongue and if I have misdescribed any buckle, have misspelt the description or whatever, then please let the Forum know.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Thank you for explaining and taking the time to post all those pictures sir.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4