Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Questionable Weimar Visors

Article about: Sold as Bayern Landespolizei 1929

Default Questionable Weimar Visors

Sold as Bayern Landespolizei 1929
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questionable Weimar Visors   Questionable Weimar Visors  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable Weimar Visors
    P
    Many

Not convinced by that one at all....here is a period picture circa 1930's of a real one in wear.

Period photo for a Police (volunteer) wachtmeister from the Bavarian Landespolizei. This organisation was named as such from Nov. 1920 and was the generic name for both the order police (ORPO) and Protection Police (Schupo) in Bavaria.

The back of the card identifies him by name, Polizei Hilfswachtmeister M.Harty, and places him at the Police School Bamberg, home of the IV Battalion of LPG 73. The reference to Landpolizei Goring indicates that his service continued into 1933/34.

He wears the "steel" green tunic with black collar and cuffs. The collar sport the silver oak leaves worn on both sides. The fact the cuff appears to have no Bavarian tresse stitched directly around the top helps date the picture pre 1933.

The cap you show at the start, even if perfectly preserved, is surely of much more recent vintage than the 1920s.

Pfui....

No interior shot, but it is a repro:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questionable Weimar Visors   Questionable Weimar Visors  

Hi

Repro all the way...........

btw, there is a guy in the states selling very good repro RW caps on e bay. He even had one of the original pictures I used for my book to advertise them !!!

cheers

Tony

I dunno what this is even trying to be:

re above cap..................YUK!!!!

Being sold as original:

Questionable Weimar Visors   Questionable Weimar Visors  

Default RW-Beamte Visors

Pekuro.
    Credit:

Questionable Weimar Visors   Questionable Weimar Visors  

Hi

This one has done the rounds before, personally I have some doubts on it being a RW cap. I think it is authentic to the era and certainly a civil visor or administrative officers but wonder if it may be leaning more towards either forestry or police ?

The rationale is based on the green cap band rather than field grey plus it looks as if the cap does not have piping round the bottom cap band, a tell in my experience for civil visors.....not had the cap in hand so can't say for sure but I wouldn't buy it as something niggles me. The chin strap is police style as well but of course these do get changed over the years by collectors....

Just an opinion, other welcome.

cheers

Tony

ps if anyone has any Weimar caps for sale please think of me !!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast