Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1911a1 and remington thinking about buying..

Article about: I was offered these pistols for sale but i dont know if prices are high. These are my favorite pistols and i dont own a originial. I know there is a fine line with collecting these but i wan

FNG
    ?

Default 1911a1 and remington thinking about buying..

I was offered these pistols for sale but i dont know if prices are high. These are my favorite pistols and i dont own a originial. I know there is a fine line with collecting these but i want a shooter. What would you pic ( if any?) Im on a fence on buying one but i dont want to over pay since money to me doesnt grow on trees so its a big purchase for me. I just took a couple photos. The colt looks like a re arsenal since its stamped AA. Looks all originial but I noticed and the dealer didn't , some previous owner engraved very small initials on the hand guard. He wants 1200 for it

The Remington looks solid, 1944 production.

Any one of these worth it? . does the engraving hurt its value ? I didnt take a lot of photos since i didnt think i was going to post it. Thanks for any info. Im posting from my phone so sorry if photos are backwards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1911a1 and remington thinking about buying..   1911a1 and remington thinking about buying..  

1911a1 and remington thinking about buying..   1911a1 and remington thinking about buying..  

1911a1 and remington thinking about buying..   1911a1 and remington thinking about buying..  

Both are tempting to own if you don't have one, but I would personally rather not have the Colt defaced by engraving.

FNG
    ?

Defiently a bogus move whoever did that

Its a shame, but if you are looking for a live weapon you have other considerations as well. As a collector I would want one without embellishments, unless they had been added by someone during active service.

FNG
    ?

It could have bin added by active service but cant prove it either way.

Well it's up to you which you buy, they are both good but only you can decide which is best for you. Good luck!

FNG
    ?

Thank you for the imput

?

I love the 1911's they are a great gun and I own several . $1,200 is what they seem to go for and I see them going for a lot more than that. As for the initials that doesn't bother me at all its part of the guns history. Just think if the guy was famous those initials would make the gun worth more money . just saying . I would be happy with either one and remember you have two hands sooooo you might want to get both. Gary

?

I was just looking at the serial # on the colt a 4 number serial number nice to bad it was refinished . also it's a 1911 that gun was made around 1912 . It still has its larger trigger and looks to be original grips . Gary

FNG
    ?

It has a remington umc frame. You can see the e.e.c and has the e mark around the trigger so it dates it pretty early. So it being a Augusta re arsenal with a umc Remington frame on a colt slide, os there any collector value or just a shooter? I wouldn't mind getting it for a fair price but don't want to over pay for it. I believe the upper and lower was done at the rebuilt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast