Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

2 Belgium hi powers ,one pretty one not so much.

Article about: Both made in Belgium,one a ww2 german occupation,other an 80s production.The 80s is a mint hi polish blue finish,ww2 one more of rough military finish.Which would you rather have?I like the

Default 2 made in Belgium hi powers 9mm

Both made in Belgium,one a ww2 german occupation,other an 80s production.The 80s is a hi polish blue finish,the ww2 one a rough military finish.Which would you rather have?I like the looks of the ring hammer on the ww2 one better than the spur.Both 9mm and are probably compairable in todays prices.Anyway these hi powers are great pistols.IMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Belgium hi powers ,one pretty one not so much.   2 Belgium hi powers ,one pretty one not so much.  

2 Belgium hi powers ,one pretty one not so much.   2 Belgium hi powers ,one pretty one not so much.  

2 Belgium hi powers ,one pretty one not so much.   2 Belgium hi powers ,one pretty one not so much.  

Last edited by Toecutter; 06-21-2020 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling

?

Didn't even have to think that one over . WWII all day long . Gary

We still shot with them in basic training 2014 until they switched to 57

As a gun enthusiast I would keep them both. The WWII era one for a collection and the 80's one as a shooter. They shoot very nice as you probably already know. Great acquisitions. You have been picking up some very nice guns. Congrats.
    John

Both nice additions Toecutter. Can't see a serial no. on yours but my book says Serial no. range under german occupation is 50,001-53,000. Proofed WaA 613. Type 1 had slotted Tangent sights. Type 2 with tangent rear sight only.

Which one is the pretty one? They are both pretty, however I'm biased as mine for on duty carry has only just been pried out of my fingers and replaced with a Sig P 228. It'll be a bloody Glock next!

Quote by vegetius View Post
    Which one is the pretty one? They are both pretty, however I'm biased as mine for on duty carry has only just been pried out of my fingers and replaced with a Sig P 228. It'll be a bloody Glock next!
    I agree, Hi-Power all the way for me. I have heard some ridiculous critiscism of the type but usually from less than knowledgeable folk. I honestly never had any kind of problems and I don't recall ever have more than the odd stoppage and not very often. Then again I used to clean mine properly and look after it. You know, little things like not dropping it and ensuring the magazine lips were not bent. A bit picky perhaps but I tend to be that way with something that I might have to rely on to keep me breathing.

The first ones I used were FN made and later ones were Inglis and if I remember correctly the last ones were without maker marks and just had the military nomenclature stamps.

I would be happy with either of those two beauties TC

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks guys!I guess for ww2 german collectors the one ww2 IS pretty!The 80s ones are getting harder to find,not making them anymore like this.Here is a pic showing the quality hi polish finish better.mauser the ww2 one is a late one with b suffix,has the plastic/bakelite later grips.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Belgium hi powers ,one pretty one not so much.   2 Belgium hi powers ,one pretty one not so much.  

Last edited by Toecutter; 06-22-2020 at 11:30 PM. Reason: text