MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

2 Russian sniper rifles,one turned back to infantry.

Article about: These rifles are both snipers,one was turned back to regular infantry as they didn't need as many later in the war and scopes and mounts were expensive.When reworked they plugged and welded

Default 2 Russian sniper rifles,one turned back to infantry.

These rifles are both snipers,one(1943) was converted back to regular infantry .When reworked they plugged and welded the mount holes on receiver and polished and blued over,then replaced the notched stock and bent bolt handle with a straight one.These sniper rifles were originally picked from the production line,only the most accurate and best function were chosen.If you see these mosin nagants for sale look at the side of receiver for a lined out or ground off scope number.The for sure telling is the plugged mount holes inside receiver.These are above average accuracy IMO and good ones.Most sellers don't know the difference and price them as regular mosins. The 1944 rifle was refurbed after the war and put in storage,old scope number on receiver was lined out and new number stamped to match replaced scope and then mount numbered to match,all other rifle parts match and are original,its a correct Russian refurbed sniper,(scope must have been damaged)this one has a 1941 dated scope as they used any good parts available,this scope has perfect clear optics,anyway these snipers were exported and sold several years ago,but have now dryed up,wish I had bought 10 @699.00,now they have doubled in price.Just some info,dont mean to bore you guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Russian sniper rifles,one turned back to infantry.   2 Russian sniper rifles,one turned back to infantry.  

2 Russian sniper rifles,one turned back to infantry.   2 Russian sniper rifles,one turned back to infantry.  

2 Russian sniper rifles,one turned back to infantry.   2 Russian sniper rifles,one turned back to infantry.  

Last edited by Toecutter; 06-30-2020 at 02:42 AM.

Interesting TC, so have you had them down on the range to test their accuracy?

Yes,the ex sniper with iron sights is more accurate than my other 2 regular mosins,tighter groups.The 1944 sniper I haven't shot,but need too,but not too much as they are collectable and bringing good money these days!,ha.Anyway these "ex snipers" aren't worth a whole lot more to most people but ,I like the history of what they once were and did.
    Last edited by Toecutter; 06-30-2020 at 01:47 AM. Reason: text

Once again very nice TC. Seeing your collection and discussing the unique and little known story of military firearms is never a bore, for me anyways. So keep 'em coming!

?

Here`s an M44 I used to have,scoped and with a turned down bolt handle.....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Russian sniper rifles,one turned back to infantry.  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

When I saw the title on the main page, I thought "I bet this is TC and it was.
    Yes indeed another great Thread and rifles TC!!

Semper Fi
    Phil