MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 western revolvers and John Wayne

Article about: Dont know if you guys watch John Waynes movies but me and the wife love them.Here are 2 cowboy pistols ,Vaqueros ,one in 44-40 cal other 45LC,great looking and shooting revolvers.

Default 2 western revolvers and John Wayne

Dont know if you guys watch John Waynes movies but me and the wife love them.Here are 2 cowboy pistols ,Vaqueros ,one in 44-40 cal other 45LC,great looking and shooting revolvers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 western revolvers and John Wayne   2 western revolvers and John Wayne  

2 western revolvers and John Wayne   2 western revolvers and John Wayne  

John Wayne is what got me into military history. I watched The Longest Day, The Fighting Seabees, The Flying Tigers, and best of all Sands of Iwo Jima probably 100x each!! And of course all his westerns every Saturday morning!!

Nice set of six guns btw TC!!

Thanks O8!Oh yeah,watched his movies all and they never get old.There is a museum in Winterset Iowa,his birth place, has all his things from the movies,and personal items ,well worth going if you are ever in the area.John Wayne was a great american and very humble,they dont make em like that anymore.

?

He's the reason I joined the Marine Corps!!!
    I love The Duke!!!!

I normally don't say this to a guy,
    But ya got a Nice Set TC !!!!

That is a nice display! It should be a poster!!!!

Is that a John Wayne Calendar???

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks guys!Yes its a calendar,wife orders them every year,hangs in the kitchen,breakfast with the Duke! He was 6 ft-4.James Arness(Gunsmoke) was 6ft-7,! they were good friends.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 western revolvers and John Wayne   2 western revolvers and John Wayne  

2 western revolvers and John Wayne   2 western revolvers and John Wayne  

A lovely set of pistols... as for the Duke, I see that he has fallen victim to the 'woke' generation and an exhibition about him has had to be removed. Very sad times we live in at the moment.

Cheers,
    Steve

I liked all those 1960's Westerns and Wayne in all those war movies he also did.

Great looking pistols and love how the Rugers are rugged built too. Never fired the Vaqueros only the Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk . Had to smile when I touched off that first 44 mag. round in the Super. Nice to see the more genuine "cowboy" style Vaqueros available. Still that repro of the 1873 Winchester carbine short rifle get my attention. Nice receiver and crescent buttplate on em.

Nice set of pistols! Very pretty. I love the Duke! The Longest Day is one of my favorite movies...I even have the movie poster hanging in my living room. John Wayne was a great American, all-around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast