Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 WW2 CYQ p38s,real deal,not junk anymore

Article about: These used to be the bottom of the barrel on the collectors list of P38s.Because of the rough finish,early and late they are not "pretty" but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.G

Default 3 WW2 CYQ p38s,real deal,not junk anymore

These used to be the bottom of the barrel on the collectors list of P38s.Because of the rough finish,early and late they are not "pretty" but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.German made during ww2, they are now just starting to get a following and bring as much as Walther and Mauser produced examples.They are a neat piece of history,here are 3 I have,one is early, in the a block ,one is mid production in the h block and last a later u block.All are matching pistols in original cond.Great historical pistols IMO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 WW2 CYQ p38s,real deal,not junk anymore   3 WW2 CYQ p38s,real deal,not junk anymore  

3 WW2 CYQ p38s,real deal,not junk anymore   3 WW2 CYQ p38s,real deal,not junk anymore  

3 WW2 CYQ p38s,real deal,not junk anymore   3 WW2 CYQ p38s,real deal,not junk anymore  

MAP
    ?

I have one of these and don't mind it at all!!!

This are 3 great examples. Really show the war time efficiencies that were enacted.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map !yeah they are neat pistols.What is the letter block on yours? Here are a couple more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 WW2 CYQ p38s,real deal,not junk anymore   3 WW2 CYQ p38s,real deal,not junk anymore  

?

Very nice examples you have there! Next on my shopping list.

MAP
    ?

It's an "e" block. So late "early" or early "mid"? LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wow, that's real utilitarian finish.

I also have one of these. Deactivated, unfortunately, but an excellent display piece. It's an 'r' block pistol, dated by another member to July 1944. Looks to have been refinished, but has the rough tooling marks unique to these pistols.

Walther P38, Spreewerk

B.B.

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    They are a neat piece of history,.
    I agree. There always seems to have been some 'snobbery' regarding these pistols among collectors - but they are a graphic example of how German industry worked at a crucial time in WWII.

Look great to me. Recall when they could be had for a reasonable sum many years back. Now climbing in interest and price with collectors. Thanks for showing some fine examples.

PRE
    ?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Recall when they could be had for a reasonable sum many years back. Now climbing in interest and price with collectors.
    I wish I could find a decent one for a decent price. I had and sold a AC42 that was a Soviet capture piece, but was in otherwise really nice shape. It shot well, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast