Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3 ww2 pistols,which was the best?

Article about: We did the rifles might as well do the pistols,first a US 1911a1 45 cal,then the German P38,last the Russian T33.Shown with original ammo.I think the 1911a1 is the best IMO,what do you guys

Default 3 ww2 pistols,which was the best?

We did the rifles might as well do the pistols,first a US 1911a1 45 cal,then the German P38 9mm,last the Russian T33 7.62x25.Shown with original ammo.I think the 1911a1 is the best IMO,what do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 ww2 pistols,which was the best?   3 ww2 pistols,which was the best?  

3 ww2 pistols,which was the best?   3 ww2 pistols,which was the best?  

3 ww2 pistols,which was the best?  

never fired these, but I've read that the 7.62x25 has a super velocity that even takes on modern ballistic helmets.

YouTube
    Last edited by reneblacky; 06-13-2020 at 05:25 AM. Reason: added link

I’ve only shot the M1911a1 (I have a 1944 Remington-Rand). So for me it’s the 1911 by default.

.45 for me..

I carried a .45 as a machine gunner in the Army in the 80's.. Best weapon I ever had..

Kicked and screamed like a little brat when we turned them in for the 9mm...

When I got to Berlin we still had .45s there but I was a squad leader then and wasn't able to carry one.. full time... the only time I carried one was as Sgt. of the Guard for Guard duty at Clay Compound and Spandau Prison guarding Rudolf Hess....

I did buy my m1911 from the Berlin Rod and Gun Club...

I put pachmayer grips on my full size 1911,, I like the feel better,, but I still have the original grips..

To this day I still carry either my full size 1911 pistol or it's baby brother, my micro .45...

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 ww2 pistols,which was the best?  

MAP
    ?

Thanks TC for taking up my challenge! LoL Some people may argue to have a Luger, Random or Hi Power, but I think these three were the primary autos (maybe we do another on Revolvers )

I have a P-38 and a modern commander style 1911 (have shot a Tokarev once decades ago). Hands down, the 1911.

This design and mechanicals has been copied the world over. It has been in continuous production for over 100 years, is still one of the most popular pistol designs to this day and is a tack driver on well made examples. How can you compare with that! Plus I prefer single action, exposed hammer pistols over modern striker fired pistols.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for sharing these Toecutter! Of the three, I like the P 38 but I'd also go with the 1911... fired one once at a captured weapons demonstration in Northern Ireland & loved it...

But I'll take up the case for adding the High Power (or FN GP35)… controversially perhaps, but replacing the Tokarev TT33 (they may be good & produced in quantity but as a candidate for best?) in this list!

So... the FN Mod 35 was an improvement on Browning's design for the 1911...

It was adopted by Belgium, Estonia, Lithuania, China, Peru and Romania before World War II; with a number of the European deliveries being taken on through occupation by Germany... who then went on to have more than 300,000 made for them by FN.

Subsequently adopted by Allied nations across the Commonwealth nations; following licensed production by Inglis (including significant numbers supplied to Nationalist China); apparently totalling around 160,000 during WW2.

OK that might not be on the scale of 1911 production but we're not talking 'most widespread', it's 'best' … and the High Power deserves a place based on the number of countries who adopted it due to its great design, capacity & reliability, plus the distinction of being adopted in quantity by both sides. All those nations must have known something!

Don't have one of my own unfortunately... but I've carried one a lot over the years & their longevity in service across the World says a lot too
    Last edited by brickie501; 06-13-2020 at 08:42 AM.

I go with the 45 Auto. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

I'll go Tokarev as I have more holsters than the 'ol .45

Oh crap I got the wrong pistol

Yeah Rene,you are thinking Makarov,also a good pistol. Nice displays!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast