Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

About Beretta M38A submachine gun front band screw

Article about: Hello, I can't find a screwdriver that fits the front band screw for Beretta M38A SMG. What name and where is that type of screwdriver sold? What I'm looking for is a screwdriver like the at

Default About Beretta M38A submachine gun front band screw

Hello,
    I can't find a screwdriver that fits the front band screw for Beretta M38A SMG.
    What name and where is that type of screwdriver sold?
    What I'm looking for is a screwdriver like the attached image below.
    Best regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture About Beretta M38A submachine gun front band screw  

Hello Tetsubo...I know nothing about the type screw or the gun posted ....but .....Im seeing if you take a common flathead screw driver or a flat head fitting and use a dremel to alter the head the same way ...it may work for you. Just my thoughts

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

That was my first thought too Larry, probably a cheaper but just as functional alternative to a bespoke tool.

Its almost the same configuration on the type of tool that also can be used to remove a spanner nut on top of a Government Officials dagger.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you.
    I also searched on Gunboards but couldn't find it.
    I'm going to try making one by sharpening the center of a flathead screwdriver.

Tetsubo,

The screw driver tip looks like a security screw head tip. We use these type of screws in museum cases and they do have them in various sizes. You may be able to fine them at a hardware store.

Do a google search for security screws/security screwdrivers and you may find what you are looking for.

We have a Beretta SMG in the museum firearms collection so I will look and see if this head tip will work.

Best regards

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture About Beretta M38A submachine gun front band screw  

MAP
    ?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like the same as on the MAS 36. I used a heavy duty pair of electricians tweezers took a bit of finagling but it worked. If you can find the correct tool it will save you a lot of time and foul language!

Thank you everyone.
    I've already tried using a security screw, but it didn't fit because the driver was too thick.
    I'm thinking of buying another set of security screws.