MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another K98 restored

Article about: I've been on a bit of a hiatus due to craziness in my life, but im now finally able to return to the forum. I was browsing gun broker a few weeks ago, and I stumbled across another K98 that

Default Another K98 restored

I've been on a bit of a hiatus due to craziness in my life, but im now finally able to return to the forum.

I was browsing gun broker a few weeks ago, and I stumbled across another K98 that was a great candidate for a restoration project. Luckily my bid won the rifle, and it arrived at my FFL last week. This example was brought back by a returning U.S. WW2 veteran, and later sportorized for hunting purposes. After inspecting the rifle I found that the Barrel, receiver, complete rear sight assembly, bolt release, and trigger all match each other. The bolt and trigger guard are the only parts that are non matching, but the bolt matches itself 100%. It was manufactured by the Berlin Lubecker factory in 1942. This rifle was among the last K98s to leave the Lubecker factory as they would halt production of the K98 rifle in 1942 to focus on manufacturing other weapons. I was able to secure a really nice hardwood cupped butt plate stock set for the restoration, and it installed flawlessly. This is now the 3rd K98 in my collection. Its the bottom rifle on the photos. The photos show a good example of 'Before & after' I cant wait to take this thing out to the range!

Best regards- Jarret

Another K98 restoredAnother K98 restoredAnother K98 restoredAnother K98 restored

Looking good!

Well done Jarret! I like to see these sporterised rifles put back into original spec.

MAP
    ?

Very nice Jarret

Three nice examples you have!

Glad to have you back. Was wondering where you've been!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks good and glad to see you again.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks guys! Im happy to be back

I was really satisfied with the end result of this rifle. The seller I bought it from said it had been in his collection for 30+ years, and he had never fired it. So when I take it to the range it will be shot for the first time in 30+ years! It has a beautiful barrel on it, so im not afraid to shoot it.

I continued collecting militaria during my forum hiatus, and I have quite a bit more that I would like to share with you guys. Hopefully in the next few days ill have the other new items in my collection posted too.

Best regards- Jarret

Looks like all that hard work paid off! A beautiful rifle that any WWII collector would be proud to own. I hope you enjoy shooting it as much as we enjoy looking at it!

Regards, B.B.

Great work, no chance of such a restoration here in the UK.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Great work, no chance of such a restoration here in the UK.
    I beg to differ...

K98 Restored

Not as outstanding as this one, and the bolt was irreplaceable, but it's certainly possible to a degree here.

Regards, B.B.

Great to see one brought back. Often quite a hunt for parts these days. Thanks for sharing with us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast