Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Browning Hi-Power - Offer

Article about: Hi everyone, hope every is doing healthy despite current time ... Would you help me determine something ? I've been offered a WWII Nazi era Nickled plated Browning Hi Power, was there any ch

Default Browning Hi-Power - Offer

Hi everyone, hope every is doing healthy despite current time ...

Would you help me determine something ? I've been offered a WWII Nazi era Nickled plated Browning Hi Power, was there any chance Hi powers left the production lines nickle plated or it was post-war job for sure ? This the only characteristic of this weapon that bothers me.

I think the rest is all fine by the pictures presented below, I can have more if you find necessary.

The price is also high at 2.136,94 USD !!!

Thank you all in advance !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Browning Hi-Power - Offer   Browning Hi-Power - Offer  

Browning Hi-Power - Offer   Browning Hi-Power - Offer  

Browning Hi-Power - Offer  

More pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Browning Hi-Power - Offer   Browning Hi-Power - Offer  

Browning Hi-Power - Offer   Browning Hi-Power - Offer  

I would say that the nickel plating was done post war by its new owner in the USA. I think I'm out of touch with prices, it seems very high.

Thanks fkr the reply mate ! I agree !

I have to agree with Blackcat. I have a Hi-power and from all of the various pictures I've seen, they were only blued from the factories.

Regards,

Joel

Agree with BlackCat. I would say very high for a post war nickel gun. Might have been done when these guns weren't bringing much but now unaltered or unmessed with examples bring the value way up.

It has been polished and nickeled post war. The price is way out of sight for this high power.
    Just my observation from an old collector.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Lightbulb

Agree with the others. FN at Liege were noted for producing 'presentation' HP.35s, usually engraved and nickel-plated, but post-war. Production under wartime German control was no-frills, blued-finish only. Personally, I think the nickel finish here has spoiled an interesting gun.

Martin, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Plus 1 with Martin too. I'm not a fan, unless you're lucky enough have some paperwork from the veteran concerning its capture etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast