Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cleaning Time Again

Article about: Hi, Thought I would post a couple of pics of another of my 'shooters' whilst doing post range cleaning. This time, my Spandau 1916 G98. I do not get as much fun from shooting it as my Enfiel

Default Cleaning Time Again

Hi,

Thought I would post a couple of pics of another of my 'shooters' whilst doing post range cleaning. This time, my Spandau 1916 G98.

Cleaning Time Again

Cleaning Time Again

I do not get as much fun from shooting it as my Enfields but it is still fun. The biggest problem with these is the sights start at 400m so shorter range becomes something of a lottery.

Thoughts always welcome.

R

And used it should be, like a classic car part of the whole point of preservation is to keep it running
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Bugger,

I just realised that I posted this in the wrong section! Alzheimer's is an awful thing!

Duh!

Quote by vegetius View Post
    Bugger,

I just realised that I posted this in the wrong section! Alzheimer's is an awful thing!

Duh!
    Well, it is a world firearm, it was used in the trenches and it does include an edged weapon so kind of close really.

Now, what did I come in here for again?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Moved the thread for you.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Moved the thread for you.
    My thanks dear Sir. Bombs I have no trouble with but computers are a different story!

R

It's about 106 years old, been through at least one World War, and is still shooting! Those great old guns never wear out. I agree that the Lee Enfields are more fun (and probably better in combat), but the Mausers are really fine rifles too.