Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Colt Dragoon 3rd Model

Article about: Hello All, Hope the Holidays were Good. I am in need of assistance. Colt Dragon own third model black power pistol .44 caliber serial number #11456 working on this for a family member I have

Default Colt Dragoon 3rd Model

Hello All,

Hope the Holidays were Good.
    I am in need of assistance.
    Colt Dragon own third model black power pistol .44 caliber serial number #11456
    working on this for a family member I have provided the best pics I could obtain,
    After a great deal of research and actually handling the firearm I have the following comments/concerns.
    The entire pistol seems to be. With honest age
    overall parts seem to be correct weight seems to be correct gone loading rod and moving pieces all okay as are measurements and dimensions.
    My concerns there is no Colts US patent on the left side of the frame as seen in almost all other colt Dragon Moon pistols
    there is a line on the cylinder which may be from billing for repair or refurbishment from the. Have not been able to see this line on any other example.
    My belief is that this is a private purchase firearms that was referred or repaired during its normal service period.
    As I am far from an expert in this area if anybody can help me out greatly appreciated furthermore if anybody knows someone who would be able to handle this particular post please let me know who to speak to

Seeking a overall review of originality and any potential issues

as
    always thank you in advance
    General Putnam
    Colt Dragoon 3rd ModelColt Dragoon 3rd ModelColt Dragoon 3rd ModelColt Dragoon 3rd Model andColt Dragoon 3rd Model andColt Dragoon 3rd Model

Under closer inspection on the underside it appears that there is some damage and a rest samped or over stamped serial number.

Hello Gents Got an answer on this, fake and artificially aged, thanks for looking and your input,
    General P

MAP
    ?

To bad. I was looking at it but don't really know much about them (beyond the cool factor) so didn't have anything to add
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The Colt address tells you all you need to know about this piece. Crude and sloppy in application.

CBH
    ?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    The Colt address tells you all you need to know about this piece. Crude and sloppy in application.
    Thanks for the tip , BP isn't really my thing but always good to what to look for in originals .

authentic versions are like super crazy prices this was at an auction

I had the opportunity to handle it. This is a beast! its bigger then my head.

(1.9 kg) and 14.75 inches (375 mm) long this was often called a horse pistol, extensively used by the cavalry.usually horses which even had special mounted holster.

feels solid like an anvil, rather smooth functioning action.
    extensively used by the cavalry.
    Even this was not the real McCoy when you handle it you definitely feel like a bad dude. It would certainly send a message.

Boris the Bullet dodger says about large pistols "Heavy is good...Heavy is reliable.....if it doesn't work you can always hit him with it"

Thanks for looking and your aid,

GP

The serial numbers on the underside are rather small
    and wonky, though it's a pretty good repro overall.
    Someone will likely buy it as a shooter.........
    Regards,

Steve.

it was in an auction, went for no joke 10K. watching the bidding on this was great entertain was extremely entertaining.

when bidding got past 6k I almost ]passed out.

All of the blued screw heads show absolutely no sign of ever being in touch with a screw driver blade. Abit hard to swallow for a Century plus old firearm..This would have thrown up immediate alarm bells, for me. Somebody got Royally robbed...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast