Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Colt saa 1873

Article about: Presentation of my Colt saa 1873, It dates from 1896. The grips are made of mammoth ivory. I have never shot with it at the moment, just for the pleasure of the eyes

?

Default Colt saa 1873

Presentation of my Colt saa 1873, It dates from 1896.
    The grips are made of mammoth ivory. I have never shot with it at the moment, just for the pleasure of the eyes

Colt saa 1873

Colt saa 1873

Colt saa 1873

Colt saa 1873

?

a lotta bling & eye candy. a beauty! has it been reblued? just courious?

?

Thank you,
    Maybe yes I think it had to be reconditioned, because the blue is very bright also I must say that I used renaissance wax to protect but there are still some traces of wear in places so it is not today.

Regards
    Mitsu

Looks awesome even if reblued. Holy grail of guns there and First Generation I believe. Don't know if I would shoot it either. Think Colt guaranteed the 1873 for smokeless rounds in the early 1900s but have heard of them fired with reduced smokeless rounds. Love the history of the SAA. Switched from wood grips to the rubber in the 1880s I have read. Last one I held was a cavalry with 7 1/2 barrel I believe at a gun show. Wood grips and 45 Long Colt caliber. Was asking $7000 for it.

?

Great gun

Great gun and mammoth ivory grips are awsome!

?

yes you are right this model is made to shoot blackpowder but we can shoot modern powder with soft reloading but hey that does not interest me either.
    I'm already very happy to have it that's enough for me like that.
    for me is just from the collection of old weapons !
    the beautiful original 7.5 barrel cavalry models are maybe much more popular and therefore more expensive.
    Regards
    Mitsu

?

A Beautiful Classic Mitsu!
    Thanks for sharing it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Reblued, restored. Don't care. Those grips are just drop dead gorgeous. Glad I don't own it as i would constantly behaving to wipe my fingerprints off it as I could never put it down.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I love the Colt SAA’s.... so much history behind those firearms! I owned two... one manufactured in 1903 and the other in 1930’s (Both Gen 1’s). The older one doesn’t have any finish left and has sambar grips. The other has all of its original blue finish and real ivory grips (Beautiful).

The one I have with no finish left is a very nice piece... yours is stunning reblued and has been brought back to life! I won’t do that with mine... but I must admit it’s very tempting! A friend of mine owns a 1904 SAA... reblued and stunning. He asked me if I want to trade... I always get nervous when he asks me about trading!

Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast