Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Couple of WW2 Handguns to share!

Article about: Hello all! Felt like sharing a few of my handguns from my small collection. 1942(ish?) Browning Hipower or 9mm 640(b) if you please and a BYF 42 Luger P08. The Hipower and holster were suppo

Default Couple of WW2 Handguns to share!

Hello all! Felt like sharing a few of my handguns from my small collection.
    1942(ish?) Browning Hipower or 9mm 640(b) if you please and a BYF 42 Luger P08.

The Hipower and holster were supposedly a vet bring back, but there is no paperwork/photos, so might just be a story. It is all matching, proofed with WaA140 but with an adjustable sight, which is why I'm guessing 1942 production (serial number in the 130,000s which would be the end of the adjustable sight production run).

The P08 appears to be a Russian capture mutt gun (badly stamped X next to the serial number, mismatched parts) but I bought it as a shooter, and it does that just fine!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of WW2 Handguns to share!   Couple of WW2 Handguns to share!  

Couple of WW2 Handguns to share!   Couple of WW2 Handguns to share!  

?

Very nice thank you for letting us see them

The luger is a shooter as you say, but the P35 is lovely. I carried an Inglis for years and love and trust them in equal amounts.

Fantastic examples in equally fantastic condition,thanks for sharing..........

Thumbs up

As others have said, thank you for posting the images. Both weapons are great to see but the Browning is superb

Nice rigs. My favorite is the High Power. Thank you for sharing.
    John

?

I think that RUSSIAN CAPTURE guns with AN X or CROSSED SWORDS stamped on them are finally comming into there own, because that means that they were there in real time and captured from the enemy. people used to PULE ON THEM! not any more!

- - ------- - -

sorry PUKE ON THEM!

Vegetius, that's awesome that you carried one!!!It's an excellent shooter for sure. Unfortunately, the one of the mags has a failing spring , jams up after 4 or 5 rounds , whereas the other magazine feeds all rounds just fine. They are both original, so I'm hesitant to try to replace anything on the magazines

And toot, I agree man, she's not the prettiest or minty, but the been there done that look is what I like, plus I don't mind if it gets a little dirty, it shoots just fine.

They both look really great! Is one significantly more accurate than the other?

I loved the inglis with wood grips and V notch sights. Even when it was supposed to have been replaced I made our armoured keep it for me. Even as late as 2008 in Iraq I refused the Glock and Sig and still carried the mk2 Browning. It works, it is reliable, with practice it is exceptionally accurate and if all else fails it is all steel and hurts like he'll if you hit the bad guy in the face with it!I

R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast