Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

CZ 27 Bohemishe variant dating

Article about: I was advised to start a new thread with question about aprox posible dating according to SN and its features. For me is dificult to estamate date... here are the pictures: thanks!

?

Default CZ 27 Bohemishe variant dating

I was advised to start a new thread with question about aprox posible dating according to SN and its features. For me is dificult to estamate date...
    here are the pictures: CZ 27 Bohemishe variant dating
    thanks!

My estimation of manufacture is earlier in 1943. I have not seen monthly production records by serial number. The grips appear to be in good shape. The finish on the slide has been messed with on your example.
    John

?

Production of vz. 27 in the interwar period naturally did not reach as much as the model 24 Army, because they were purchased in smaller quantities by the police directorates of various cities and city authorities, but depending not only on needs, but mainly on budget resources. Since the beginning of production in 1927 until the occupation of the rest of the Republic in March 1939 left the Czech arms factory around 14 124 pistols vz. 27 Mar:

However, the first customer of pistols in the newly established Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia was not the German High Command of Ground Forces, but the German civilian companies Albrecht Kind and Gustav Genschow & Co., which collected the remaining batches that the factory had in stock. Demand for pistols in the caliber of 7.65 mm Browning from the part of the imperial German armed forces forced in September 1939 armory to order material for the production of a batch of 10 000 pistols vz. 27. A month later, the material needed to produce the five thousand lot was in the factory, and there were 1,000 pistols at the development stage.

Practically until the second half of 1941 fell gun vz. 27 into the category of the so-called war-insignificant production (Kriegsunwichtige Fertigung) and were considered an entirely commercial matter. This did not change the fact that already in February 1941 received the arms factory order OKH (Oberkommando des Heeres - High Command of Ground Forces), sounding 60 000 pistols M 27 with a deadline since August 1941. But the amount of order changed to an incredible 230,000 pieces Including 31 Reichsmark (RM) per piece. The staggering volume of guns ordered was inevitably related to the military-political situation, especially the upcoming expansion of Nazi Germany towards the east. The aggressive attack on the Soviet Union, which had not been counted on by the Allied treaties with Germany until the very last moment, increased the overall need for weapons due not only to the opening of the Eastern Front, but also to large losses in military equipment during combat operations.

In 1942, the OKH arms factory supplied 96,300 M 27 pistols (as they were marked during occupation production), and by December 31, 1942 produced 110,000 pieces based on this order. Despite the fact that its performance still employed the arms factory still in the spring of 1943, production according to the requirements of OKH did not stop until the end of the occupation. In 1944 she received, among other orders, another large order, this time for 111,000 pistols, but it was not the last.