Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Deactivated M1 Garands UK/EU

Article about: Hi everyone I was wondering if there were any other M1 Gasn enthusiasts on this forum who also collect Deactivated M1 garands? I have several in my collection and I only collect Pre war and

Quote by lew07 View Post
    Interesting. I can see it being obsolete calibre that is next to go .
    Probably the pistols, as some dodgy dealers are making ammunition for them and selling them to criminals. You can hardly blame the law for wanting to cut off this readily available supply of perfectly usable and legal weapons.

The current mess with deactivation laws has done very little positively. If anything it has probably exacerbated the problem with owners of old sort deacts discarding them in all directions just to be rid of them. i won't be adding anything to a Big Brother register any time soon. That would just be a free pass to a visit from plod every time there was a firearms related incident in the area.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The current mess with deactivation laws has done very little positively. If anything it has probably exacerbated the problem with owners of old sort deacts discarding them in all directions just to be rid of them. i won't be adding anything to a Big Brother register any time soon. That would just be a free pass to a visit from plod every time there was a firearms related incident in the area.
    That is for you to decide... but I would much sooner stay on the right side of the law. If you ever fell foul of the law over a gun in your collection, you could be sure that they would use it as an excuse to remove all 'offensive' items from your property. Its all very well saying what you will do or won't do, but the more sensible approach is to keep everything strictly legal. There may be a time when you will not be able to retrospectively inform the Home Office of a gun in your collection, and you will end up suffering the consequences of your actions.

Cheers,
    Steve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3