Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Double Barrel Flare Pistol

Article about: Hello all, here is my Krieghoff, 1942 made flare pistol. I believe they were used by the Luftwaffe and from what I’ve been told are relatively hard to find. I bought it a while ago with anot

Default Double Barrel Flare Pistol

Hello all, here is my Krieghoff, 1942 made flare pistol. I believe they were used by the Luftwaffe and from what I’ve been told are relatively hard to find. I bought it a while ago with another flare pistol for $200 each. The flare pistol is fully functioning and everything works smoothly. Serial numbers that are visible all match. It’s not the best looking one I’ve ever seen (condition wise) but I am happy with its used look.

Edit: here is a link to a much better looking example of the same make and year as mine. Flare Pistol, Luftwaffe | National Air and Space Museum

Click images for better quality.

Regards,
    Bodhi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double Barrel Flare Pistol   Double Barrel Flare Pistol  

Double Barrel Flare Pistol   Double Barrel Flare Pistol  

CBH
    ?

Nice find, the double barrels ones are hard to find.

Good pick up.
    John

Thanks for the replies.

Something I just found out is that in image 5 the Number starting with Fl. means it was carried onboard an aircraft and are more scarce, the other variant has a Ln. in-front of the number were used for ground communications and are more common.

Great Looking Flare pistol.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Nice Flare Gun

Being used on an Aircraft

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Very nice.

I remember 3 years ago going to a garage sale and finding 3 or 4 of these. I think the cost was like $200 for all of them. I waited a bit too long and they were scooped up by someone else. Live and Learn!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP, I know the feeling all to well, when I was younger than I already am, I went to and estate sale that had at least a shoe box full to the top of about any german badge or medal you could imagine. I didn't have the money at the time and only bought a rough condition police service medal without the ribbon. I still wish I had the money they where asking, about $40 a piece.

Thanks Phil and John for the replies!

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Wow, you did well to get it at this price! Nice piece.

Have a look to the site of my friend Bruno :

Accueil Leuchtpistole
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/