Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

East German Makarov

Article about: I just picked up this mint beauty at a local gun shop. It's a lovely B code 1960, and it appears not to have been fired. No spring drag marks on the barrel or any copper fouling in the bore.

Default East German Makarov

I just picked up this mint beauty at a local gun shop. It's a lovely B code 1960, and it appears not to have been fired. No spring drag marks on the barrel or any copper fouling in the bore. Tight as a tick!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture East German Makarov   East German Makarov  

East German Makarov   East German Makarov  

Nice pistol, is the ammo easy to find?...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Nice pistol, is the ammo easy to find?...

It's 9 x 18 mm as opposed to the more powerful 9x19mm used in the Browning Hi-Power etc but there seems to be a lot of it about both newly manufactured and milsurp. Neither is it very expensive.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It's a rather common round to pick up it's kinda hot! It's a .380 on steroids. The East German maks are the most sought after superb fit and finish compared to the Romanian,Bulgarian, Chinese, etc.....

I had another East German Mak years ago in rather used condition, and had the border guard black grips. It was a really great shooter!

If I remember correctly. The serial number B prefix was the earliest run of 1960. The S is for Suhl Germany plant I believe they were only made in the one plant. They had a quality control issue on the 58-59 runs and they are on the rarer side. These are highly collectible Maks. I use to be a huge collector of "Cold War " firearms. These were produced from 58-65 if memory serves me correctly.

Default 9X18 MAK round

Here you go Gunny. This is the standard 9X18 93gr rounded FMJ. Rather effective!

"Cold War" pistols were a true passion of mine. I really enjoyed the topic immensely.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture East German Makarov