Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Estate Luger

Article about: Have the opportunity to purchase this fantastic and what appears to be complete Luger at an estate. I don't know much about these particular firearms and in the essence of time would like fe

Default Estate Luger

Have the opportunity to purchase this fantastic and what appears to be complete Luger at an estate. I don't know much about these particular firearms and in the essence of time would like feedback. The ask on this is $2,000. Thanks!

Estate LugerEstate LugerEstate LugerEstate LugerEstate LugerEstate Luger

From helmet to Luger not bad at all!

I haven't bought either yet LOL

I don’t think you can ever go wrong on a Luger purchase (in that condition)... especially if there’s two matching magazines. Looks to be in very nice condition. I look forward to the day I find one to purchase. To me, it’s a must in any collection... just like the Colt 1911.

Good luck on your future purchase.

I like the rig. Are the internal parts matching? Is the mag number matching? Looks like honest wear. No able to evaluate holster too much from lack of photos but looks like it is correct. Same for loading tool. The price is fair if all items above check out. A correct numbered mag would seal the deal.
    John

Quote by 26Intrepid View Post
    I don’t think you can ever go wrong on a Luger purchase (in that condition)... especially if there’s two matching magazines. Looks to be in very nice condition. I look forward to the day I find one to purchase. To me, it’s a must in any collection... just like the Colt 1911.

Good luck on your future purchase.
    Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I like the rig. Are the internal parts matching? Is the mag number matching? Looks like honest wear. No able to evaluate holster too much from lack of photos but looks like it is correct. Same for loading tool. The price is fair if all items above check out. A correct numbered mag would seal the deal.
    John
    There is also a 1911 from the war and a Mauser HSc for sale as well. If you are in the US and interested I can connect you with the estate seller. HSc is priced at $500 currently and I don't know on the 1911.

There is 1 of 2 mags present and waiting on serial number confirmation, but I asked for the background and was told "I checked with my clients, and her father was a B 26 pilot during World War II for the Army Air Corps and flew 38 bomber missions over Germany. I don’t know if you saw pictures of a 1946 calendar we have in the sale, but it is from the German airbase he was stationed at. She said they housed war prisoners at the base and she thinks he got the German guns from them."

The father was at Schlessheim Army Air Base. His estate also has a calendar dated with that name and 1946 with a black and white photo of a B 26 on the front. So I have no reason to believe this gun was tampered with.

Rescue, where in MN are you? I'm in Minneapolis myself.

Here's the HSc and 1911. HSc appears to have a broken grip. Haven't got any detailed serial info on that one yet but I don't suspect any issue since it was from the same guy.

Estate LugerEstate LugerEstate Luger

All three look like buyers to me. Better pictures of the M1911a1 particularly of the left side is a must for price. From the little amount of the font from the right side it looks like it’s a Remington-Rand but would need a close up of the right side to verify that.

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    All three look like buyers to me. Better pictures of the M1911a1 particularly of the left side is a must for price. From the little amount of the font from the right side it looks like it’s a Remington-Rand but would need a close up of the right side to verify that.
    I don’t think it’s in my budget to get all three and if I had to pick I’d take the Luger. Like I said, if anyone in the US is interested I’ll put you in contact with the estate manager regarding the other two.

Just had the seller double check - unfortunately the magazine does not have a matching serial. Bummer. I may ask in the $1,700-1,800 range then. Unless y'all think less.

It does sound like there has been a lot of interest in all three firearms, the most with the Luger. Two confirmed people physically going to the sale tomorrow. She understands where I'm coming from but she did promise the family $2,000 firm on day one. Is this worth potentially passing up passing up?

1911 priced at $2,000 as well day 1.
    Last edited by Glittering_Ship4193; 07-10-2020 at 02:47 AM.

The devil is in the details of the Luger. For that price all small parts need to match, understanding the mag does not match. Is there two mags to make a complete rig. The loading tool would also need to be original and correctly marked.
    The 1911 is far too high for my region so it make me skeptical. Where is this located? Pricing by region can vary by 30%. If outside of US my info would not be worth much. I do not understand the markets over seas.
    John
    John

MAP
    ?

Lots of variable on these as John says so I can't comment on pricing.

But I would love that 1911 (or the P-08). One day I'll get one of each (and a C-96 )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast