Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Estonian BHP Q

Article about: Hello everyone greco here. I decided I better join up if I am going to ask a question. I need some help please. I am looking at an Estonian Browning HP for sale that is in excellent, near mi

?

Default Estonian BHP Q

Hello everyone greco here. I decided I better join up if I am going to ask a question.

I need some help please. I am looking at an Estonian Browning HP for sale that is in excellent, near mint condition. Does anyone have an idea of how many of them they made on the Estonian contract? I want to get an idea of the total number to see where in the series this one is.
    Thank you...gn
    Last edited by greco; 04-09-2010 at 08:02 PM.

?

Default Re: Estonian BHP Q

Hi...Gorvenment of Estonia bought 5558 FN Mle GP-35 pistols in two groups, first in 1936 120 pieces and in 1937 5438 pieces. About serial orbacknumbers it is a little bit ahrd to say anything cause it depends how the customer wanted - this was the case with FN. Also this perticular order was devided with Kaitseliid K.L. , Army E.V. and Estonia Border Guards - but my wild quess is that it started from 1 and ended to 5558, but this is just a educated quess cause guns I have seen are with number like 586, 2674, 282. Also check that the gun has K.L. or E.V. stamp and has second variation 500m tangentsight. And ask someone who really knows reblueningsystems to check it - I know that Estonian-contract GP-35 ´s went through such heavy use as well as did finnishones that finding one with little signs of use or mint sounds impossible. And during close 30-years with guns I can assure you when it comes to guns that what sounds too good to be truth usually is.

?

Default Re: Estonian BHP Q

SVaaka, thank you for the reply. There is a lot of good information in your posting. This is a second contract pistol. In excellent condition. It is not a refinish. It has EV on the back of the grip. There is also a Canadian HP with maple leaf on the grip and matching shoulder stock in excellent condition for sale. I think I will buy them both. Thank you again for the help.