Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Expert opinion - World War Gun Convolute - Models & Authenticity

Article about: Hello all, I have received an inheritance. The relative has collected all sorts of things, including this bundle, probably WW2 rifles? The barrels are all completely welded shut. What must b

?

Question Expert opinion - World War Gun Convolute - Models & Authenticity

Hello all,

I have received an inheritance. The relative has collected all sorts of things, including this bundle, probably WW2 rifles?
    The barrels are all completely welded shut. What must be done with the parts now?
    I would like to know roughly what kind of rifles we are talking about here. I know myself unfortunately in no way. One will probably be a K98? What rough value would you estimate for all of them?

I would be very happy about your support!

Attached are a few photos. Can anyone decipher the stampings?

Thanks and greetings

Daven

Hello Daven.

For the best chance of getting accurate and details answers, please start a new thread for each rifle.

We do not discuss the value of items because price is subjective and value of these will be completely different from country to country. It all depends on the condition, if the numbers match, the date of manufacture etc.

They appear to have been deactivated and I am not sure about the laws concerning these in Germany. I know in the UK there are certain types of deactivated weapons that can't be sold unless they are re-deactivated to the EU specification.

Saying this, the rifle on the right is an M1 Garand and the rifle second from the bottom is a Lee Enfield No4.

Kind regards,

Will.

Clearly also a Mosin Nagant there too. The deactivation looks a little crude but if all rendered this way then classified as decorative as a far as I know in Germany. As Willmore suggests please photograph one by one and include any markings (as we like those).

Thank you for posting.

?

Hi Will,

thank you very much! So two guns are alteady identified.

You are right with the value estimation. I only ask because I gave my aunt 300€ for the set, because she wants to dump them… But I think this convolute should be „worth“ it.

Whats your opinion regarding the first gun from the top? Should be an K98? Also the bajonett should be legit?

I will take some individual picture and post a seperate thread for each one, with all markings I can find. With this post I tries to get a quick response regarding the different models.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks from Germany

Daven

?

Hi,

thank you for the identification of the Mosin Nagant! So already 3 guns are identified.

I will post an additional thread for each gun!

If you have more information regarding this post, I appreciate!

Thanks and best regards

David

Quote by Daven View Post
    Hi Will,

thank you very much! So two guns are alteady identified.

You are right with the value estimation. I only ask because I gave my aunt 300€ for the set, because she wants to dump them… But I think this convolute should be „worth“ it.

Whats your opinion regarding the first gun from the top? Should be an K98? Also the bajonett should be legit?

I will take some individual picture and post a seperate thread for each one, with all markings I can find. With this post I tries to get a quick response regarding the different models.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks from Germany

Daven
    Hi Daven.

My pleasure to help.

I would say that you probably would not be able to buy one of those rifles for 300€ in the UK, so for the whole group it is an amazing price.

The first rifle from the top does look like a K98, possibly a Russian capture example. I say this because it looks like the stock has been sanded to remove the 'red varnish' that they put on the stock, along with this the cleaning rod and sight hood are missing.

The bayonet looks like a k98 example, but it would be best to post it in the section below -

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/seite...-k98-bayonets/

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Hi Will,

thank you again!

I hoped that one of the rifles will be a K98, to put in my collection. The second from top can als be an K98…? But lets see what we can identifiy with the detailed pictures.

I will post the separate threads for each weapon/rifle this weekend. I am looking forward to discuss the stampings and features with you and the forum!

Best regards

Daven
    Last edited by Daven; 07-07-2023 at 01:41 PM.

Hi Daven.

My pleasure.

Sorry Daven, I meant the second from the top looks like a K98.

I look forward to seeing each of them and there are some really knowledgeable members who will be able to tell you all the details you need to know.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Top to bottom the rifles appear the be:

Russian Mosin Nagant M1944 carbine
    German Kar 98k
    German Gewehr M1888
    Russian Mosin Nagant M1891/1930 rifle
    British Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 with bayonet
    Some version of the British Martini Henry rifle, the markings on it may provide further clues.

The loose bayonet is for the Kar 98k

And right is a US Garand M1 rifle.

?

As to the value of these, this is a tricky subject.

On the receiver of the Mosin Nagant M91/30 I am pretty sure I see the FWW mark for Frankonia Waffen Würzburg and the diamond shaped “BKA Raute”, meaning this was deactivated under “old” German deactivation laws. This might also be the case for the other rifles.

A few years ago new EU deactivation laws came into force and to my knowledge guns deactivated under the old German laws do not comply with these new rules. Having these guns comply with the new EU rules may cost more than the value of the guns. And it could be difficult to sell these guns, as is, on the open market.

I am not a collector of (deactivated) guns so I do not know the fine details of these rules. I would recommend you to seek advice from people with more expertise on this subject, to avoid unintended trouble.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast