Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FG42 MkI and 2

Article about: Had a chance to visit a fantastic collection a few months ago. It contains examples of military firearms from all over the world, but these immediately caught my eye. I got to handle both of

Default FG42 MkI and 2

Had a chance to visit a fantastic collection a few months ago. It contains examples of military firearms from all over the world, but these immediately caught my eye. I got to handle both of them
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FG42 MkI and 2  

They are truly unique weapons. Are they deactivated or live?

As far as I know a museum can keep them live.

Jonathan.

MAP
    ?

This is my "go to" gun when playing Call of Duty WW2
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Everything in the collection is live. There were three rooms with the walls lined with military guns of all ages and nations. In a safe were 3 welrods. It is a British military establishment and they do fire a lot of the collection on their range.

They even have a boxed pair of Napoleons flintlock pistols. I enjoyed seeing the MP.44 with the attachment for shooting around corners. Warminster if I am not mistaken. Spent a good day there a few years ago and came away with some spares for my L1A1.

I have spent a couple of days on the range there
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The FG42 is a very interesting firearm.

My G type - with some SSD spare magazines and mount (scope is original, mount is SSD) - the mag in the rifle is an original.

Mine is firing - and in the US, but is only a few serial numbers off the deactivated one in Bapty and Company Collection in London.
    It is also within the same hundred block as the one I found in the Officers mess museum of the BC Regiment in Vancouver BC, Canada, their one was taken in hedgerow fighting with the Fallschirmjager in Northern France.

Fantastic pitfighter, simply fantastic!

Jonathan.

FYI - SSD = Sports System Dietrich - they make excellent reproduction magazines and scope mounts.
    Everything else on mine is original.
    (The sling is from an M53, which fits snug with no adjustment - sorry, wanted something solid.)

This is me with the FG42 in Vancouver BC.
    *If you look closely you can see it is missing the bolt.

The wood on mine is a lot lighter in color, I put this down to the extremely dry climate of New Mexico where mine was found.

Some more pics of my FG accessories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast