Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A friends p38 ac40

Article about: A friends father is In town for thanksgiving and he brought his fathers bringback. His father was a truck driver in the 29th ID and traded for this pistol. It appears to be a very early war

?

Default A friends p38 ac40

A friends father is In town for thanksgiving and he brought his fathers bringback. His father was a truck driver in the 29th ID and traded for this pistol. It appears to be a very early war pistol with two mags. One is numbered to the gun. Supposedly has an SS helmet at home be brought back also. Looking for whatever can be told about this pistol along with the pins on the holster. Serial is 87xxa thanks

Not unusual for vets to attach confiscated insignia to their gear.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice blued finish on that pistol. As Ralph says attaching German badges to holsters or commonly German leather belts was something veterans did. A sort of fashion of the time for war souvenirs. It's a mistake to remove these badges as the resulting holes left in the leather devalues what's left. Really they should remain as they are, a veteran's decorated souvenir. Matched with the pistol it's a great collectable piece.

Looks like a nice rig. Please post pics to directly to the forum using the photo upload feature. I would be interested in seeing additional pics. Is it all matching? Would also need the serial number to provide you with additional information. The holster is a nice item with its history.
    John

?

I can get more pics tomorrow when we shoot it. Anything in particular? We will be using light target loads...nothing hot. Any ideas what the pins were on/purpose.

?

I can get more pics tomorrow when we shoot it. Anything in particular? We will be using light target loads...nothing hot. Any ideas what the pins were on/purpose. ...pins will stay where they are at. He’s building a shadow box for it and then he will give it to my friend,his daughter...she’s a combat vet herself

Dos
    ?

I think those smaller eagle insignia are early versions and were used political and by the SA and SS. (Correct me if im wrong)

On top are rank pips, but can't tell what the slightly bigger eagle is...

Below on the holster is a "Cockade" that was worn also on visors.

Pics of both sides, top and bottom, with the locking black would be great. Close up of Waffenamt or proof markings also.
    John

?

?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast