Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German/French Walther pistol pickup 22 cal

Article about: Was lucky enough to find this little 22 cal pistol at a local gunshop,beautiful polished blue finish. Its made in France under Walthers patent in 1960.It was priced at 250.00 so I jumped on

Default German/French Walther pistol pickup 22 cal

Was lucky enough to find this little 22 cal pistol at a local gunshop,beautiful polished blue finish. Its made in France under Walthers patent in 1960.It was priced at 250.00 so I jumped on it.2 original mags , box,manual and paper work.Good example of Walther farming out its patent at the time.Good deal?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German/French Walther pistol pickup 22 cal   German/French Walther pistol pickup 22 cal  

German/French Walther pistol pickup 22 cal   German/French Walther pistol pickup 22 cal  

German/French Walther pistol pickup 22 cal   German/French Walther pistol pickup 22 cal  

The famous French Armoury of St Etienne. Lots of cheap shooting with .22 too. Good find TC.

Now , in St Etienne, only dea of all weapons....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

A very nice looking pistol!

Very good pick up.
    John

Good score and the price was more than reasonable. Real quality there.

?

That's a very nice looking plinker TC

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks guys!Here is another Interarms ppks says made in USA,why would Interarms have to import this pistol if made in the US,seems strange,anyway its an older pistol had it several years,380 cal shoots great!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German/French Walther pistol pickup 22 cal   German/French Walther pistol pickup 22 cal  

MAP
    ?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks guys!Here is another Interarms ppks says made in USA,why would Interarms have to import this pistol if made in the US,seems strange,anyway its an older pistol had it several years,380 cal shoots great!

I do know that West Germany was prohibited from making fire arms for a period after WW2, thus they licensed the production to other countries (France and US being two).

Here are some links I just dug up....haven't read through in detail...

Walther PP - Wikipedia

"Made in Germany" - WaltherForums
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

TC here is another article I found on the site below and this paragraph say's it all.

They were the franchise holder for Walther pistols in the US and they had a manufacturing plant in Gadsden, Alabama where they made 40,000 Walther PPK pistols annually in 1985. (The PPK can't be imported due to the 1968 GCA.)

Here is the site I found the info on.

Interarms

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast