MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Happiness is !

Article about: Happiness is..... Many things however for me it's: A nice brace of Enfields! However having to clean them after a Xmas day on the range does temper it a little bit! Seasons best to all, R

Default Happiness is !

Happiness is..... Many things however for me it's:

Happiness is !

A nice brace of Enfields!

However having to clean them after a Xmas day on the range does temper it a little bit!

Seasons best to all,
    R

Fantastic looking examples super nice indeed.........

You had to clean your Toys after you played with them??
    That's some high level whinging going on there.

Can get your countryman to stop being diseased long enough that the Krauts relax and one of us can actually visit the other?

They sure look like weighty brutes. Glad you can shoot em. Thought you were in deact country. Nice looking guns and thanks for sharing.

?

what modals are they?

Great looking rifles! The No. 1 even has the long range sights, you almost never see that on this side of the pond. How do they shoot? Which one is the more accurate?

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and will have a happy new year.

The finest and fastest military bolt action rifles ever made. Stop whinging about cleaning them too, the pleasure of using them is more than enough compensation for that!

Cheers,
    Steve.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Thought you were in deact country. Nice looking guns and thanks for sharing.
    It is true that there are far more restrictions here but subject to the criteria it is not by any means impossible to get a Section 1 Firearms Licence. The legislation simply means that the possession and use is controlled and appropriate. We did have unfettered rights to possess but as we don't have a written constitution it was easy enough to legislate when there was virtually no public resistance.

So, there are two sides to that particular coin but lets not go there

@ Vegetius; Nice pieces Rod but surely maintaining and preserving is a small part of the enjoyment. In the warm with a riflemans' equivalent of "apres ski"

I was working on Christmas Day

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    It is true that there are far more restrictions here but subject to the criteria it is not by any means impossible to get a Section 1 Firearms Licence. The legislation simply means that the possession and use is controlled and appropriate. We did have unfettered rights to possess but as we don't have a written constitution it was easy enough to legislate when there was virtually no public resistance.

So, there are two sides to that particular coin but lets not go there

@ Vegetius; Nice pieces Rod but surely maintaining and preserving is a small part of the enjoyment. In the warm with a riflemans' equivalent of "apres ski"

I was working on Christmas Day

Regards

Mark
    I don't mind too much Mark! In addition the C in C domestic puts a dab of Youngs .303 oil behind each ear and does the the dance of the seven army blankets!

Richard, to answer your question the No 1 Mk III is fabulous to shoot for a 1916 Enfield manufacture original but is hard work to group to 6 inches at 100 yds. It was never designed to do better but at WW1 ranges that grouping was more than good enough. The No4 however is a different beast. That is a 1943 Long Branch and shoots to minute of angle easily, (1 inch at 100 yds). I took it on a field firing range a few months ago and was comfortably 'clanging' 1 ft wide by 2 ft high steel plates at over 750 yds and that is with the original iron sights. Mind you, the mutt behind the butt is not too shabby either.

Mark, I'll take you to a little location in Surry in the new year with them if you wish? I can bum a range of the SFO's and we can have a shoot. Mind if you want to 'mad minute' you can buy your own ammo!

Best as always,
    R

P.S. Teck, you missed a good do on the 27th.

Thank-You for the clarification Watchdog. Was not aware of the Section 1 License over there. Glad to hear it is possible to get. Great to own and shoot these old warhorses

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast