Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Japanese Navy T-90 Flare Pistol

Article about: Enjoy this (on the 4th. of July) WW2 Imperial Japanese Navy Double BBl. Flare pistol Type 90 (1930) Cal. 28mm... manufactured by Kayaba..........BILL

Default Imperial Japanese Navy T-90 Flare Pistol

Enjoy this (on the 4th. of July) WW2 Imperial Japanese Navy Double BBl. Flare pistol Type 90 (1930) Cal. 28mm... manufactured by Kayaba..........BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese Navy T-90 Flare Pistol   Imperial Japanese Navy T-90 Flare Pistol  

Imperial Japanese Navy T-90 Flare Pistol   Imperial Japanese Navy T-90 Flare Pistol  

Imperial Japanese Navy T-90 Flare Pistol  
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Japanese Navy T-90 Flare Pistol 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Imperial Japanese Navy T-90 Flare Pistol

Nice flare pistol Bill, Have a good 4th also

Hi Bill,I stand to be corrected but one of the stamps on the barrel,look a bit like the Army five pointed star?Or is it a makers
    mark?
    Very nice though.
    Regards Mike

relic360
    ?

That’s cool.
    Does it shoot one after the other or both at once?

Quote by relic360 View Post
    That’s cool.
    Does it shoot one after the other or both at once?
    It shoots one side then you throw a selector switch at the rear and shoot the other...........
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

I've only seen one of these in reference material. Very nice Bill, thanks for showing. Your photos are better than than what was in the book!

Hi Bill
    love the flare pistol i have started to collect these and that on is on the wants list. but will be very hard to come by hear in the uk and it will have to be a deac.
    but thanks for showing.
    Andy

Opey23
    ?

Hi Bill,
    I am brand new to the site. Matter of fact I only joined to respond to you. My father served on UDT Team - 21 during World War II. When he returned he brought back three things, other than the issued gear that is. One thing was a chunk of a Japanees Star that came from one of the 250 plus Kamikazzi attacks that he and his sister ship went through. One was a Japanees sword that was givin to my dad one day before the official Japanees surrender. His team swam on shore and were met by fully dresses, high ranking military soldiers. It was clear that they were trying to surrender and they all gave thier swords to the men that were there from UDT-21. Sadly, dad sold that sword to one of his shipmates on the way back to the U.S. for $50. The last thing he brought back was this flare gun. I had played with this gun as a child and I have had it put away for a long.....long time. Now I get it out and it looks like the same one you have pictured here. Just thought I'd let you know, and I will be telling my dad about this also.
    Bryan