Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Inherited Revolver with papers...Please help identify

Article about: Received a few years ago from a dear uncle. I have little knowledge of firearms, but I know I can find help here. I took a close-up of the mark and there are also several number 7's in vario

Default Inherited Revolver with papers...Please help identify

Received a few years ago from a dear uncle. I have little knowledge of firearms, but I know I can find help here. I took a close-up of the mark and there are also several number 7's in various places. Would that make it gun number 7? I hope I didn't add too many pic's. Thanks everyone.Inherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identifyInherited Revolver with papers...Please help identify

Looks very similar to one of the many types of British Bulldog pistol, they were called British but i think they were Belgian.
    Edit, this pistol has Belgian proof marks.

?

I was thinking Nagant Freres, Belgium.
    1895 model, I think (?), possibly a commercial production piece.

A friend took a guess of it maybe Belgian Congo Police?

Quote by KarenFC View Post
    A friend took a guess of it maybe Belgian Congo Police?
    Sorry but i don't know, but the pistol is definitely Belgian. The conjoined AE is a Belgian inspection mark.

?

Hi,
    Have about the same.
    Maker unknown, made in Belgium and probable copy in .380 of the RIC Webley.

Inherited Revolver with papers...Please help identify

What a very interesting pistol with capture documents. I wonder if the uncle had it nickel plated after the war?

Wouldn't the plating leach into the markings? I don't know.

Quote by KarenFC View Post
    Wouldn't the plating leach into the markings? I don't know.
    It looks like it was stamped after plating.

I believe it is a Belgian pistol made for the Belgian colonies IE: Belgian Congo. I have one in a 38 Belgian caliber with the same dimensions as that of a 38 Special and more than likely a black powder loading. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast