Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Inland M1 Carbine 11-42

Article about: Good Afternoon, I bought a little gift for myself after returning from some time overseas. This is an early model Inland M1 Carbine with high wood, flip sights, flat bolt, and no bayonet lug

Default Inland M1 Carbine 11-42

Good Afternoon,
    I bought a little gift for myself after returning from some time overseas. This is an early model Inland M1 Carbine with high wood, flip sights, flat bolt, and no bayonet lug. Inland barrel is marked 11-42 and serial number on the receiver correlates with the barrel date. I haven't seen an earlier barrel date one on of these things yet but really glad to have picked up an early one. The majority of the parts that are marked are of Inland manufacture. The stock appears to have been sanded at some point but the cartouche and a faint HI (Hillerich & Bradsby Co.) near the slingwell. After taking the rifle apart, it also has an OI mark inside the upper portion of the stock. There is also a large crack continuing past the magazine well and towards the front of the rifle. It appears one of the previous owners may have attempted to reinforce the wood by placing some glue on the inside. There also appears to be repair marks to the rear of the recoil plate area. I believe that the stock is original to the rifle but I do not want to fire it because of the large crack. The buttplate appears to be a Irwin-Peterson model but does not have any markings on it.

I'm not sure what all of the markings are on the receiver group? Could anyone enlighten me on them? I would love to receive feedback on what you guys think!

-Thaddeus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Inland M1 Carbine 11-42   Inland M1 Carbine 11-42  

Inland M1 Carbine 11-42   Inland M1 Carbine 11-42  

Inland M1 Carbine 11-42  

Very nice carbine and Welcome Home!!!!!

Mart

Thanks for the comment Mart! I am glad to be back

-T

MAP
    ?

Very nice to find one that is in it's original condition and components!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP! I actually found it on the internet at a Cabela's site.... needless to say that I was nervous about buying it but I did my research on it and it all checked out. They actually had it marked cheaper than the rebuilds because they thought that IT was the rebuild lol. I played dumb and got it for a good price.

-T

MAP
    ?

Wow...nice!!!! I own two and believe it or not I have yet to shoot either! One is a rebuild line-out. That's the one I have to take out one day.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes! I definitely want to purchase another stock for it prior to firing it! But I love firing all of my WW2 era firearms

-T

Thaddeus,
    Are you still looking or needing information about this Inland?
    I can help, but may be best to go through the PM system.

V/R,
    Charlie-Painter777

Charlie,
    I have found out a lot of information on it! I was thinking about selling it for a while but it looks like im going to hold onto it as a shooter! Thanks for the comments!

T

Quote by Thaddeus View Post
    Charlie,
    I have found out a lot of information on it! I was thinking about selling it for a while but it looks like im going to hold onto it as a shooter! Thanks for the comments!

T
    Consider a late SA or similar late potbelly stock. They are fairly inexpensive and in my opinion make great shooter stocks.

V/R
    Charlie-Painter777