Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Naval Contract Type I Carcano

Article about: I was able to add this my my collection. These were ordered by the Imperial Navy when the war in China heated up and the Navy was not able to obtain enough rifles from Army controlled arsena

Default Japanese Naval Contract Type I Carcano

I was able to add this my my collection. These were ordered by the Imperial Navy when the war in China heated up and the Navy was not able to obtain enough rifles from Army controlled arsenals. I believe there is still some controversy on the total number for the contract, but somewhere between 60,000 and 120,000. Chambered in 6.5 X 50 MM Arisaka. These were made very similar to the Arisaka Type 38 Rifle. This one is in pretty good condition overall with some minor finish loss. The Type I Carcano rifles do not have any Japanese markings on them. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Japanese Naval Contract Type I CarcanoJapanese Naval Contract Type I CarcanoJapanese Naval Contract Type I CarcanoJapanese Naval Contract Type I CarcanoJapanese Naval Contract Type I CarcanoJapanese Naval Contract Type I CarcanoJapanese Naval Contract Type I CarcanoJapanese Naval Contract Type I CarcanoJapanese Naval Contract Type I CarcanoJapanese Naval Contract Type I Carcano

Very nice find!!! Not to many people know about this rifle and it’s one to have in a Japanese collection. It looks to be in pretty go condition. Congratulations on a special rifle. Here’s the thread on the one I owned.

Marty

Type I japanese carcano
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Your rifle is very nice. I like the muzzle cover. This should be a standard muzzle cover for the type 38 rifle. Very good catch.
    John

I like these because, as said, not a lotta folks know about them.
    Very nice addition John wish I had one to show off.