Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just found in pawn shop 1911 Amberg

Article about: I was on my way to pick my kid up at school but decided to stop into this pawn shop I haven't been to In a few months. I see this on the rack two days ago. I have always wanted one of these

FNG
    ?

Default Just found in pawn shop 1911 Amberg

I was on my way to pick my kid up at school but decided to stop into this pawn shop I haven't been to In a few months. I see this on the rack two days ago. I have always wanted one of these but never was able to see one in person. I took some quick photos and I had to put it on layaway because I didn't have the time to do the paperwork. It cost me $700 and I don't know if that's the bad deal but I just wanted it cuz I don't think I'll ever see another one. It's import mark and very little of the numbers match. My question is if anybody could tell me if this would have been in world war 1 which I'm sure it was and also production numbers or any other information about the history of the rifle. I know 700 is probably a lot for it but I don't care I think it's pretty cool and they're hard to find where I live. Sorry about the photos they were taken and haste. The rifle is 100% complete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just found in pawn shop 1911 Amberg   Just found in pawn shop 1911 Amberg  

Just found in pawn shop 1911 Amberg   Just found in pawn shop 1911 Amberg  

Nice pickup, I’m not overly knowledgeable on these K98a’s but I’ve heard the 1911’s are more scarce then the other years. As for being in ww1 it stands a good chance in participating in it, these rifles were used by the stormtroopers. 700$ I would say you did pretty good, their not often seen and especially complete. Great rifle!

FNG
    ?

Thank you! When I looked at it I was thinking , man this had to be used heavily or carried. All of the typical areas where it would see wear , seem worn if you know what I mean . I'm not to knowledgeable about these, but who was the storm troopers?

Here's a link to give some information on them Stormtroopers (Imperial Germany) - Wikipedia

FNG
    ?

Forgot a image

Thank you for the link I'll research it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just found in pawn shop 1911 Amberg  

Here's a period photo of some armored guys (guy 2nd from the left has a k98a)

FNG
    ?

Great photo

So the storm troopers only used these type of rifles?

That I'm not sure of, I know the stormtroopers were issued these rifles but as for other units getting these issued, very possible. I believe some of these were reissued and used in ww2 aswell.

FNG
    ?

I wouldn't doubt they would of been reissued. Maybe someone else will chime in and tell us more..

Can you please tell us the condition of the bore, thanks in advance.
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast