Article about: Thoughts on this k98 Dot 44

Default K98

Thoughts on this k98 Dot 44

See photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98   K98  

K98   K98  

K98   K98  

K98   K98  

The wood stock looks earlier than 1944. Do the numbers match?

I’m not sure I’ll ask the dealer

Possibly a "capture" 98k with those numbers stamped on the stock like that. On the plus side the metal and wood appear to be un-messed with. I assume it is a bolt M/M. Always nice to see unsanded stocks and not reblued by bubba. Are you in the states by the way? Let us know when you get more info on the rifle. Gettin pretty expensive these days even for guns captured by other countries.

No I’m in the U.K. the dealer is asking £895 for it.

OK I take it this could be a deact? Still a nice piece of history to own. Here in the U.S a 98k with mix-matched parts firing example will go often for $600-800. Sorry not sure how to determine the pricing over there compared to ours in the U.S.

Yes it’s U.K. spec deact so cocks and dry fires

- - ------- - -

Do you this the serial number on the stock are post war markings ? I’ve never seen them like that before

- - ------- - -

Do you this the serial number on the stock are post war markings ? I’ve never seen them like that before

- - ------- - -

Yep stock marked with those numbers post war. Germans stamped numbers inside stock of barrel channel of stock and also on outside on earlier 98ks near grip area of stock. On yours often referred to as "forced matched" Hopefully serial lumbers are same on barrel and receiver but a late war DOT 44 may only include serial no. on barrel or receiver.

It has a crown over a U on the receiver what does this indicate ? I’m assuming it’s an imperial crown

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast