Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk1

Article about: Hello all, I’ve owned this rifle for about a year now but unfortunately it has been deactivated. When I bought it they wanted \\$200 but I got it for \\$100 because as a gun store they more or

The choice is yours Bodhi. You can try to research her story by the parts present or try to assemble it back into a WWII correct rifle. Since it’s deactivated and in the US all it will be is a wall hanger and a conversation piece so either way you decide to go will be a good choice.

Well I’ll give it a thinking over, I will add the parts that are missing like the safety and the bolt pieces etc. I would never get it back up and functioning Phil it wouldn’t be a great idea like you say and I assume it would be illegal going off the fact I’m the only citizen in my family and I’m under 18.

Thanks for all the help guys it’s greatly appreciated, I’ve learned more than I could’ve on my own.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

?

Since you are a US citizen and 18, you can own a rifle. Well at least in Arizona, Not sure about MO. The only problem with it is the welded rod going through the receiver has now change the hardening of the metal. That area is what take the pressure. Here look at this info for Brit .303.

"The SAAMI-recommended maximum average pressure for the.303 British is set at 45,000 CUP on copper crusher equipment and 49,000 psi on piezoelectric test gear."

With the heat treatment gone you would have a pipe bomb by your face when you fire it and that will destroy what "rifle " you currently have. When they blow they blow BIG!

You could spend money on replacing those parts , But you could probably find a used Mk4 for what you would have to pay to make it functional.
    Put the bayonet on it and call it what it is. A unique combo and most of all Your's
    Check out the history and keep it as a display. Pick up a MkII helmet and call it good!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 05-04-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Agreed, just gotta wait another 3ish years and I’ll pick up an already functioning No. 4. I never had plans to restore it to a functional rifle, just to replace all the missing parts to make it look the part and make a good wall hanger.

I already have the bayonet so just got to get and new MkII helmet (the one I have now is pretty beat up) and as you say I’ll call it quits.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4