Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1916 Berthier Carbine

Article about: Hello Friends It has, as usual been too long since I had time to post, but I came across this last week in a local auction, now carbines are not usualy my cup of tea, but Im airing to collec

Reg
    ?

Default M1916 Berthier Carbine

Hello Friends

It has, as usual been too long since I had time to post, but I came across this last week in a local auction, now carbines are not usualy my cup of tea, but Im airing to collecting things from the great war of late and this seemed to grab me, and its was not a bad price so I fell for it, after a bit of looking it seems thse have a reputation as being somewhat wanting in looks.....But I think its rather aesthetic in a barberous sort of way.

Cheers
    Reg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1916 Berthier Carbine   M1916 Berthier Carbine  

M1916 Berthier Carbine  

Default Re: M1916 Berthier Carbine

Hello-I think they are quite elegant little weapons that served long and hard all around the world-I have a Model 16 Berthier carbine but it doesn't have the 5 round extended mag-is yours rendered inoperable and do you have the long knife bayo for it?

Reg
    ?

Hi Lithgow

Yes, its an old style UK deact, I did get a quilioned bayonet with it in a battered seath, Ill try and post a photo. How do you fare getting ammunition for yours?

Cheers
    Reg

Reg
    ?

M1916 Berthier Carbine

I don't shoot -I collect-I scrounged a representative Lebel round from an ammunition collector friend but they are near impossible to find now in Australia-a bayo for the carbine was given to me some 25 odd years ago but it is not a very good example-yours is better-both feature the black plastic grips of the earlier model.

Looks nice. Too bad it is deactivated. I hear these are fun to shoot.

Hi Reg, you don't see too many of these around, so I think it was a good buy. You will have to bring it over so I can have a look in person.

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

Talking Re: M1916 Berthier Carbine

Yep, its certainly nicely balanced and quite pointable I bet it was rather easy and satisfying to shoot, though I bet it kicked well with those big bottled rimmed lebel rounds. Ill start the search for a few deact rounds for it but theyre rare over here, ive seen quite a few incorporated into trench art but few loose, ild really like a Lebel rifle too but ive only found one so far and its not cheep lol.

Ade, ill get it to you sometime, hopefully before xmas lol.

Lithgow, could you post a picture of yours please? I understand the three round model is more original and has a cleaning rod.

Cheers
    Reg

?

Hi Reg
    Try R D & A Mills Services for display ammo.He usually has all sorts of stuff from pinfire to modern day and everything in between!!

Reg
    ?

Cheers, ill have a look. )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast