Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Martini Henry Stock Disk marking.

Article about: Not entirely sure if a "Stock Disk" is the correct term, so correct me if I'm wrong. I've got a Martini Henry that I had for some time now from my grandpa, who got it from an antiq

Default Martini Henry Stock Disk marking.

Not entirely sure if a "Stock Disk" is the correct term, so correct me if I'm wrong. I've got a Martini Henry that I had for some time now from my grandpa, who got it from an antiques store years ago. It's a shortlever and is in rough shape. I've looked high and low, and what has alluded me the most is the stamping on the stock disk. There is a V showing it was for a volunteer, and I believe the 352 is it's number in the regiment. I assume the 2 is the month it was issued, and "1893" being the year it was issued. But I cannot for the life of me figure out what "T.M.H.A" is! Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if the image is of low quality but there is no natural sunlight to be seen and my phone isn't the greatest!

Martini Henry Stock Disk marking.

I agree the V is likely for Volunteer. TMBA will be a location code that replaced the use of regimental numbers in the 1880's. So that leaves 352 as the actual rack number.
    Can't help with what TMBA actually represents, but it will in part be a location or region.