Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

mauser 7.65 1914/34 w/ holster

Article about: I believe I have a Mauser 1914/34 made in 1938. I heard it came from a warehouse during the war. The holster has no markings on it and I think I found out that the emblem on it is not origin

Default mauser 7.65 1914/34 w/ holster

I believe I have a Mauser 1914/34 made in 1938. I heard it came from a warehouse during the war. The holster has no markings on it and I think I found out that the emblem on it is not originally placed there. I have no idea what it was originally attached to.I am wondering about a marking on top of the slide just behind the back sight? It's a fun little gun to shoot.mauser 7.65 1914/34 w/ holster

Any info on the silver (aluminum thing) on the holster would be helpful?
    Really tough to see but the marking behind the rear sight?

Thanks
    Teaniner

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum.

The silver "thing" is a second pattern Police visor emblem.

Someone should be around shortly to help with the pistol. It looks beautiful. I do not see any waffen amps stamped on the pistol so it was probably not issued during WW2. I do see a proof behind the rear sight but can make it out. Someone should know and provide some help. Maybe pre war commercial?

How the WW2 German Police visor emblem got on the holster is anyone's guess without provenance. Not uncommon for US soldiers to bring back a pistol/holster set and attach items like this too it.

Again. Beautiful rig.

Edit:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-model-pistol/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

The silver "thing" is a second pattern Police visor emblem.

Someone should be around shortly to help with the pistol. It looks beautiful. I do not see any waffen amps stamped on the pistol so it was probably not issued during WW2. I do see a proof behind the rear sight but can make it out. Someone should know and provide some help. Maybe pre war commercial?

How the WW2 German Police visor emblem got on the holster is anyone's guess without provenance. Not uncommon for US soldiers to bring back a pistol/holster set and attach items like this too it.

Again. Beautiful rig.

Edit: a few links

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-model-pistol/
    Another link

https://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/MP/mp.html
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks