Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which MAUSER is it ?

Article about: I think it's probably a 98k but I'm not sure. Only the german army used this weapon but there is russian inscribed on the side, do you know why ? Do you know if it's dangerous to shoot with

Question Which MAUSER is it ?

Which MAUSER is it ?Which MAUSER is it ?

I think it's probably a 98k but I'm not sure. Only the german army used this weapon but there is russian inscribed on the side, do you know why ?

Do you know if it's dangerous to shoot with this 77 old rifle and how much it cost if I want to sell it ?

Thanks !

If there's a crest on the receiver similar to the one below, it's a Zastava M48. A postwar copy of the Kar98K produced in Yugoslavia from 1950 to 1965. The writing is not Russian, but rather Serbian Cyrillic.

Which MAUSER is it ?

A wartime German rifle would have a manufacturer's code on the receiver, and would be proofed with WaffenAmt markings. See below. Note the 'X' between the factory code and the date, which indicates a Russian captured rifle.

Which MAUSER is it ?

Mechanically, the M48 is nearly identical to the Kar98K. But they were not introduced until after WWII. One visual distinction is the wooden furniture. Most notably the handguard, which wraps around the back of the rear sight.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you very much for you informations

?

I believe this is a Yugoslavian model 1924,if you show the "Russian" markings it will help ID it......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I believe this is a Yugoslavian model 1924,if you show the "Russian" markings it will help ID it......Pete.
    Unfortunally, the mauser is not mine (yet). I took only two picture

I'm also wondering why there's no these "marks" on the side:

Which MAUSER is it ?

?

M48 +1

Straight bolt handle is usually the m24/47 yugo mauser.

PRE
    ?

Definitely not a K98k, nor is it a M48. The 'Russian writing' could be Serbian Cyrillic, so likely a Yugoslavian Model 1924 variant as Zwerge noted. You'll definitely need detailed photos of the rifle for us to determine what it is exactly.

I will take more photos if I met the seller again. But I probably won't because it's not a 98k like I expected, it don't worth it.
    At least thank you all guys for the informations

Hold out for a 98k If that is what you're looking for! Will be happier in the long run.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast