Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser HSC, Variation 5 example

Article about: I picked up a good representative example of the HSc Variation #5. Earlier in the variation 5 production. I am looking to pin down the year and month of production. The grips are much lighte

Default Mauser HSC, Variation 5 example

I picked up a good representative example of the HSc Variation #5. Earlier in the variation 5 production. I am looking to pin down the year and month of production. The grips are much lighter in color than I am used to seeing so not sure if replaced. I have not removed them yet but not sure what to look for when removing. I do not think HSc grips were ever numbered to the gun? Please let me know. The holster is pretty nice and is ink stamped as shown. All in all a pretty solid rig without provenance so it could be a put together as well.
    All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Mauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 exampleMauser HSC, Variation 5 example

Years ago there was a place online where I was able to find the date of an HSc by serial number. I thought it was here:
    HSc Production Chart
    The chart is gone now, but in one of the posts they say HSc number 932279 was made in November 1944, and 919472 was made in August 1944, so I would guess yours is somewhere in between.